Need a stock 6 disc Mach 460 head unit for 2002 Mustang GT - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Need a stock 6 disc Mach 460 head unit for 2002 Mustang GT

Hello all, I am new to the forum and was wondering if anyone may have a good 6 disc Mach 460 head unit at a decent price. My CD player quit working. I put an after market radio in for a while but I may be getting ready to sale the car so I put the old unit back in. Would like to sale it with everything working. Or, does anyone know if the dealership will replace the unit if I trade in the old one? Thanks in advance for any input.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by U BETTER View Post
Hello all, I am new to the forum and was wondering if anyone may have a good 6 disc Mach 460 head unit at a decent price. My CD player quit working. I put an after market radio in for a while but I may be getting ready to sale the car so I put the old unit back in. Would like to sale it with everything working. Or, does anyone know if the dealership will replace the unit if I trade in the old one? Thanks in advance for any input.
Keep the aftermarket CD player in it. If you find a new replacement for the 6 DC player, it will cost more than it's worth. Another used one will be hit or miss. My 6 CD player in my 2003 GT, and the one in my daughter's 2001 V6 both died. Even when they were working the CDs would get stuck in them.

Pete

2014 Shelby GT500:Delivered 4/3/13, Black/Black stripes/Black interior, SVT Track Package, SVT Performance Package, JLT Oil Seperator, FRPP Resonator Delete, Syntha Max blue air filter, Revan Racing shifter bushing, Michelin PSS tires, Lloyd GT500 mats, and yes the stock Shelby seats.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014
Global Moderator
Mustang II Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to heavy metal
Welcome to the site!! I agree with what Pete said.

Cherish those around you,for at the blink
of an eye,they can be gone.

AFM GLOBAL MODERATOR

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for the input. The only reason I was looking to do something with the stock radio is because I am going to sell the car as soon as I get my new car and I am not letting go of my $1000 stereo as I plan to put it in my new car. Anyway, I was talking to a friend of mine that had on 01 and had pulled his soon after he bought the car and he still had it tucked away. It was pretty much brand new so I am good to go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page