Need better sound - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Need better sound

Hey guys I wanted to ask about how I would go about improving loudness and sound quality in my 98
mustang without breaking bank, I'm not looking for car shaking bass, thanks. Also everything is stock inside.
I don't have much
experience with music systems so again thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014
GT Member

Garage
Need Better Sound.

I would definitely buy a power amplifier and new speakers. Check the Crutchfield.com site for equipment and technical information. If your budget allows, a new head unit would also be nice. You don't have to buy the top-of- the-line equipment to get great sound. Suggest that you determine what your budget will be, and search for equipment within your budget. Most of the items can be install by you on a Saturday afternoon. Read some of the post on this site, regarding how to install a amplifier and speakers. There are also videos on you-tube.com that show you how to wire your amp and speakers. Look for posts and videos that are specific to your vehicle. If you are not comfortable with doing it yourself, contact Best Buy and some of your local auto sound shops for estimates. Best Buy will let you bring your own equipment, for them to install.

I initially asked Best Buy and some local auto sound shop for estimate; but decided to do it myself after I found out what they charged and how easy it was. Kudos to the folks on this site who posted instructions and photos. I install an amplifier and 4 - 3-way Pioneer Speakers. Later, I added 2 more amps, 2 sub woofers, and 4 more pioneer speakers. I went a little overboard, but I install cut-off switches for 2 of the amps for times when I don't feel the need for extra sound.

Good luck, and good listening.

2006 GT, Strut Tower Brace, Gas Hood Struts, FR Intake Plenum cover, Metal Fuse Box cover, Moroso brake reservoir cover, Rear shock tower brace, Front Bumper Lip Spoiler, JVC DVD Head unit w/ back-up camera, satellite Radio and USB input, 2 - 12" sub-woofers, 4 - 6"x8" speakers, 2 - 6.5" speakers to replace the door subs, 3 amplifiers, LED lights under the hood and in the trunk, chrome e-handle on parking brake handle, chrome cup holder trim, and trunk lid cover with running pony emblem.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014
Apprentice

I just replaced my head until and speakers in my 2000 mustang.
I bought everything threw Crunchfield and was very easy to do.
I have always got all my headunits threw them as they give you the wires and mounting kit for free.
I did put a 12 in the trunk for bass but everything else sounds great.
I even used the stock amp that is in the car.

2000 GT Vert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
1998 , audio , interior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page