Ok really need help on this one. Is it that rare or has it happened to someone else? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie
5.0L Member

Question Ok really need help on this one. Is it that rare or has it happened to someone else?

Ok so I have a 1995 Mustang gt with the Mach 460. Same old story right? Well this time it's a lot different, guaranteed. So the problem is more or less two things. First the drivers side door tweeter plays but cuts out and has that same buzzing noise I can never seem to find out how to solve. As far as the buzzing issue, I know it does deal with engine rpm's as to how it sounds. To attempt to fix this I have changed this speaker with the stock Mach 460 tweeters twice and all three that I have are good speakers so it's not the speaker because I found out the tweeters are interchangeable between the ones in the front and the ones in the back and because I dropped my rear speaker awhile back I just tried both of those which I know for a fact are good speakers in place of the original door tweeter so I'm lost as to what's making the speaker buzz and cut out, the other thing with that tweeter cutting out is if I move the tweeter housing a certain way or turn the bass up on the subs it cuts right back on but if the volume gets too low it cuts right back off.

The second issue is the stock drivers side door subwoofer. I also figured out that not only are the tweeters just plug and play interchangeable all the way around but the door subs and rear subs are too (to a certain extent) well the problem was that the speaker was giving me static along with bass playing through it. So I interchanged it with one from the rear speaker deck which also work completely fine. Then that speaker started giving me static as well so I'm really just lost here. But the good news is the speakers in both issues aren't the problem so if y'all have any suggestions please all help is appreciated. I do know that the Mach 460 system is horrible and it gets so many posts on this part of the forum but I just want good sound.

The setup if this helps any is
2 kicker comp series 12"s
1 autotek 1000 watt 2 channel amp
1 aftermarket kenwood head unit
And the head unit was installed professionally so I know that's not it either.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014
Apprentice

to clarify on the 2nd portion - when you moved the rear speaker forward, it began to static, but did the (former) front speaker produce static when connected to the rear? If the speaker changes but static is produced only on one channel (ie only when connected to the wires in the front door) then the channel is the problem, so either wires or amp. If the static moves with the speaker, the speaker is the problem.

Speakers 'buzzing' and cutting out is usually a wiring problem, so check for good soldered or crimped (or even well twisted/taped) connections to the speakers, good connection at the amp, and at the head unit.

Since you can physically move the speaker to cause symptoms, I would say it is almost certainly a wiring problem.

No longer own:
'12 V6 Perf, from Sept '11.
Mods: TWM 520g Piston shift knob & Barton shift bracket, AM short shifter. SR 1.5"drop & AM street phb. Tokico D-spec, Whiteline bars F&R, J&M Lca, 25mm wheel spacers, 18x10x4 Bullit style on Sumimoto rubber. Magnaflow Street's. 25' of b-quiet ultimate, 10" JL [email protected] 350w, JL TR's upfront. Bama Tune, B&M 73mm & Shorty headers.
Someday..... Twin Turbo, or SC goal is 450 whp. Has to wait until warranty is up
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014
Apprentice

Also, when the buzz climbs with revs, its alternator whine. One at a time (checking between each to see if its fixed) re-do the grounds for the amp, the stereo, and make sure your alternator and battery wires/ grounds are good, free of corrosion or paint.

No longer own:
'12 V6 Perf, from Sept '11.
Mods: TWM 520g Piston shift knob & Barton shift bracket, AM short shifter. SR 1.5"drop & AM street phb. Tokico D-spec, Whiteline bars F&R, J&M Lca, 25mm wheel spacers, 18x10x4 Bullit style on Sumimoto rubber. Magnaflow Street's. 25' of b-quiet ultimate, 10" JL [email protected] 350w, JL TR's upfront. Bama Tune, B&M 73mm & Shorty headers.
Someday..... Twin Turbo, or SC goal is 450 whp. Has to wait until warranty is up

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie
5.0L Member

Thanks for the input man I'll try that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page