Which set of speakers do you recommend? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Which set of speakers do you recommend?

After reading several posts, I have narrowed my choices to either the Pioneer TSD 6802R, or the Infinity 6832cf. Which do you think are better? Are there others you'd recommend?

Also, I have a 2012 GT, do I need a speaker mount?

Thanks

2012 GT / Premium Package / Race Red /
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014
GT Member

Pioneers >>>> Infinity. I wouldn't even look at that brand. See my sig for the model I have installed .

No speaker mount necessary. Just the harness if you don't want to splice yourself.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014
GT Member

Don't need mount. At least I didn't and mine is a 2012 - built Feb 2011. I went with the pioneers for no particular reason over the others but they got good reviews and were a good price off Amazon. I'm happy with them! I will tell you though I bought a harness off Amazon and it was junk. Both sides ended up coming loose and the connection was lost. I had to replace it last weekend w/ one from Best Buy. Only $8.00 but kind of a pain in the butt and also had me stressed on what was wrong for a while.

2012 black on black GT Premium Auto 6R80 - 400A
20 x 8.5" AR Torq Thrust M - BMR springs & Koni str.t shocks - GT500 mounts - J&M LCAs - CHE reloc brackets - J&M panhard - General GMAX AS3 - GT500 axel backs (no resonators) - GT500 spoiler - MMD tail light trim - Roush side splitters - AM upper/lower billet grill - Bama 93v2R tune - Airade CAI

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choate View Post
Don't need mount. At least I didn't and mine is a 2012 - built Feb 2011. I went with the pioneers for no particular reason over the others but they got good reviews and were a good price off Amazon. I'm happy with them! I will tell you though I bought a harness off Amazon and it was junk. Both sides ended up coming loose and the connection was lost. I had to replace it last weekend w/ one from Best Buy. Only $8.00 but kind of a pain in the butt and also had me stressed on what was wrong for a while.
I would only buy harnesses from the store or Amazon. $8 isn't a big deal.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014
PONY Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Speaker choice is a personal choice. What one guy thinks sounds good does not necessarily mean you will agree once you hear them. There are quality brands and those having a less than stellar reputation. Ordering speakers without hearing them first is like ordering shoes without trying them on first. Yes, you usually wear a size 10 but not all size 10 are the same.

1965 Poppy Red Mustang Convertible: with stock 95 GT 5.0 EFI engine and various other modern upgrades
2014 Mustang GT: unmodified at this point
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

This should be in the Audio forum.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page