Possible Issues with Raxiom Nav Unit - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Possible Issues with Raxiom Nav Unit

Hi Guys,

I have had the Raxiom nav unit installed in my car for a little over a month now. It is a great unit and I have not had any issues with it so far. This past weekend was the first time that I really used the navigation for a weekend trip from Chicago to St. Louis. I entered my destination into the nav and the map came up with my route, as it should. After some time though, I noticed that there was no voice giving me the turn-by-turn directions. I did have my phone connected via Bluetooth and I was listening to a podcast on my phone. I also noticed that when I was coming up on an exit that i needed to take (per the route on the nav) or when I needed to merge onto another Interstate, the volume on the podcast I was listening to would get really low. I felt like the turn-by-turn voice should have kicked in at that point, but nothing would happen, and then the volume would turn back up on its own.

On the way back to Chicago yesterday, the navigation unit lost connection and froze several times. I got a message saying "Autodetecting GPS receiver." When I got home, I unplugged the car's battery, waited a little bit, plugged it back up and checked the nav. I wasn't getting any messages and the nav showed my current location, so i assumed it was working fine then.

For those of you that have the Raxiom Nav installed in your car, have you come across any issues similar to what I was experiencing?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014
PONY Member

Garage
Why did you unplug the car's battery? What did you think that would do? Maybe dump question, just searching for info.

Jedi D.

2014 Mustang GT Coupe Premium. Options include: California Special package, comfort package, navigation, glass roof, shaker pro system, 3.73 ratio limited slip axle, GT front grill/fogs, MGW race spec shifter, BBK X-Pipe, Corsa GT500 Quad Sport axle-back, Ford Racing ProCal tune. "If I wanted insane HP, I would have purchased a 2014 Shelby GT500!"
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

I unplugged the battery to reset the nav, like resetting a phone I suppose. I couldn't think of anything else. Must have worked because I drove the car this afternoon and it seemed to be working normally.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014
Apprentice

Maybe it doesn't like working for long distances? Or maybe the podcast overrode the gps voicing? Even then the whole unit freezing up is weird.. I've only known raxiom for their headlamps and taillamps so maybe they haven't quite gotten the electronics thing down quite yet? I'd call up raxiom and ask them. May be a defective unit

Whippled 2011 Mustang GT Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat * 2.9L Gen 3 Stage 3 Supercharger * 6MT * 3.73 * ARH Long Tubes and O/R H * SLP Loudmouth A/B * Lund Tuned * lowered 1.5in * MGW 1st gen Race-spec Shifter * Avant Garde M310s 20x9/20x10 with 265/35 Nitto 555s up front 315/35 INVOs in the back *

EXTREMELY fun daily driver!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Yeah I also thought the Bluetooth could have over ridden the nav. I'm going to call American Muscle tomorrow and see what may be going on.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011fivept0 View Post
Yeah I also thought the Bluetooth could have over ridden the nav. I'm going to call American Muscle tomorrow and see what may be going on.
I'm looking at this system as well...any updates from your convo with AM?

2013 Mustang GT Premium w/ Track Package; Transformers Barricade Updated Theme; Roush Clone
Roush CAI, Roush Coil Covers; K-series lowering springs
Custom Graphics, Custom LEDs, NightOwl LED control system
GoRhino Pushbar

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Bumblebee Clone
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Hey, jhiii, I didn't end up speaking with AM after all. The nav seems to be working normally now and have not had any issues at all. Also, love the Decepticon look you got going on. Nicely done.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011fivept0 View Post
Hi Guys,

I have had the Raxiom nav unit installed in my car for a little over a month now. It is a great unit and I have not had any issues with it so far. This past weekend was the first time that I really used the navigation for a weekend trip from Chicago to St. Louis. I entered my destination into the nav and the map came up with my route, as it should. After some time though, I noticed that there was no voice giving me the turn-by-turn directions. I did have my phone connected via Bluetooth and I was listening to a podcast on my phone. I also noticed that when I was coming up on an exit that i needed to take (per the route on the nav) or when I needed to merge onto another Interstate, the volume on the podcast I was listening to would get really low. I felt like the turn-by-turn voice should have kicked in at that point, but nothing would happen, and then the volume would turn back up on its own.

On the way back to Chicago yesterday, the navigation unit lost connection and froze several times. I got a message saying "Autodetecting GPS receiver." When I got home, I unplugged the car's battery, waited a little bit, plugged it back up and checked the nav. I wasn't getting any messages and the nav showed my current location, so i assumed it was working fine then.

For those of you that have the Raxiom Nav installed in your car, have you come across any issues similar to what I was experiencing?

Hey,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you were experiencing with the Navigation. It sounds that when you disconnected the battery, you essentially reset the settings giving it back its normal function. It sounds like it was jus a hiccup in the software, and resetting the system should be all it needed.

If for any reason this happens again give us a call right away. If it is functioning properly now however, I don't foresee any future problems.

This is covered by a 2 year warranty so if for any reason this becomes an on going issue or if anything else arises we will replace it with no questions asked.

I hope this information helps, and if you have any other questions, or need anything else, feel free to get in touch.

-Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page