Kenwood HD Stereos - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Kenwood HD Stereos

I have been reading quite a bit recently about people converting their stock radio units with the Kenwood HD navigation stereos, the Maestro dash kit, MUS1, etc and I was curious if anyone has done this conversion without installing a Kenwood unit that does NOT have navigation. I would really like having a nice stereo in my car, and something that would push my aftermarket speakers a bit more but I can't seem to justify spending the extra money for navigation when I don't really need it. Would it be nice to have? Definitely. I am not cheap by any means when it coms to my cars, but nav is just something I don't have a use for.

Has anyone installed a Kenwood touch screen w/o nav? And if you have, are you still able to see the gauges, temp control, etc that you can with the Kenwood nav units? Any advice is appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014
Apprentice

As long as the head unit has connection to your OBDII you will be able to read gauges...It looks like just the NAV capable units can work with iDataLink although that was a very quick look by me. The Kenwood site, for me, only shows the 2013 models...the 2014 models might be different and have a better choice for you.

1997 Pacific Green Mustang Cobra...long gone
2014 GT SGM Track Pack 6MT, Recaro's, JLT Catchcan, Kenwood DNX890HD, Maestro MUS1, Maestro RR iDataLink, 2-JL 10W1V3, 4-JL C2570X, JL XD6006, Custom Sub Enclosure
Not yet installed: ARH LT's, Borla OAP's, Borla S, a crap-ton of BMR stuff when they are ready, Forgestar F14's or CF-5's, some form of Coil Overs
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Do you want the Maestro unit specifically?? Otherwise there other bezels adaptors made by Metra or Scoshe. I went with the Scoshe.

Also...if you are after a great deck for sound quality, consider the Pioneer deh-80prs single din. I just replaced my Clarion DD Head unit with one and the difference in sound quality is stunning. Tons of EQ options, 5V pre-outs (if your amplified) etc...

Just another option to consider if your main goal is better sound...

Last edited by percy072; 08-04-2014 at 07:13 PM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014
Apprentice

Any of the compatible radios will display the gauges. Here's the list:

iDatalink - Maestro - iDatalink-compatible radios

--
Steve
2011 3.7 Convertible, K&N Typhoon CAI, Bama SCT Tune
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014
Apprentice

^^^Nice find.

1997 Pacific Green Mustang Cobra...long gone
2014 GT SGM Track Pack 6MT, Recaro's, JLT Catchcan, Kenwood DNX890HD, Maestro MUS1, Maestro RR iDataLink, 2-JL 10W1V3, 4-JL C2570X, JL XD6006, Custom Sub Enclosure
Not yet installed: ARH LT's, Borla OAP's, Borla S, a crap-ton of BMR stuff when they are ready, Forgestar F14's or CF-5's, some form of Coil Overs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page