Planning a new system for 2013 base Mustang with Sync - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Planning a new system for 2013 base Mustang with Sync

Does anyone here have experience with DSP's like the Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3, or the JBL MS-8? Can they deliver great consistent sound quality without the need to replace the factory radio? I'm more leaning towards the MS-8 since it has comes with an LCD control display to tune every aspect of sound reproduction on the DSP without the need to plug it to a pc. So far I've read almost nothing but stellar reviews on the MS-8.

As for the new system in mind, I'm going all JL Audio. JL C2-570x speakers in the doors, JL XD500/3 3 channel amp. For the sub, I'm undecided between a trunk corner mounted Zenclosure with a 12w3 sub, or JL's own stealth enclosure that comes with a 13w3 sub, which ain't cheap at $600-$700 depending on where you look. The Zenclosure looks boxy, but could come out half the price, while JL's own stealth enclosure looks damn sexy and very much like it came with the car from the factory.

The local JL audio dealer near me is offering a free install on it all if I purchase everything (except the JBL MS-8) from them, and a much lower than retail price on the equipment since they've never done an install yet on a newer mustang.

The reason I'm using a DSP and not a whole new radio/nav unit, I don't want to shell out $500 to $1k just for a new radio and dash installation kit when I can spend $500 for DSP to that will most likely give me the sound I want, especially when the stock radio with Sync already does all I want it to. Stream music/phone through bluetooth and charge my iPhone through the USB port.

2013 v6, performance pack, mt82 manual, MGW Race Spec shifter, SVE Drifts 19x9.5, H&R Supersport springs, Koni yellows, BMR panhard bar, adjustable UCA and LCA, shorty antenna, GT500 strut mounts, black painted roof, Roush splitters all around, GT hood and fog lights

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page