Upgrading Shaker Pro - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Upgrading Shaker Pro

I'm not happy with the Shaker Pro system, so I'm starting some upgrades. I'm replacing the 6x8s with two pair of JL Audio 5x7 next weekend. I'll let you all know how that sounds.

For the trunk sub, I'm going to get rid of that. My GT500 doesn't come with a spare, so I'm going to build a sub box and amp that mounts in the spare tire area and therefore takes up no space.

Ideally, I'd like to replace the amp, but can't find all the info on the wiring and can't locate an adapter to simply plug into the existing connections. From what I can tell, the amp is above the driver side kick panel, but I'm not sure if that's the sub amp or amp for all speakers. Also, if it's the sub amp, I'm guessing it drives only the door subs and there's a separate amp in the trunk sub.

The debate is that, if I can find a wiring layout and adapter that fits into the two wiring harness connectors that plug into the sub, I could get a 6 channel amp to drive all 3 subs and 4 full range speakers. Without that wiring info, I'd just get a 1 channel to drive the new trunk sub.

Anyone has any info about the wiring for that amp?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014
GT Member

The trunk sub amp is behind the sub enclosure. You can add some sound proofing as it made a night and day difference. The downside is it adds extra weight.

2011 Red Candy /build 2/1/11/ 401A
MT with Redline MTL/ Brembos/355's/glass roof
Shaker 1000/Scoops/Clear bra/Steeda UCA and PH bar
Redline hood lifts/Bilsteins with Ford Racing P springs & axle bks
UPR catch can/whiteline kdt928/MGW shifter with Epco ball
Shaftmasters DS/BMR loop & relocation brackets
Nitto 555 G2's/Steeda jack rails

Last edited by dusman59; 04-24-2014 at 05:55 PM. Reason: added
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-25-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Figured that it was separate, but hadn't removed the sub yet. That means that the amp under the dash is for the door subs. That means that the 4 6x8 speakers in the door and quarter panels are likely powered from the head unit, without a separate amp. This seems similar to the late model 2011 and 2012 systems, for which there's a wiring diagram out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page