New Sound System - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

New Sound System

So I'm thinking about installing a new sound system into my car. i have a 2011 base model 3.7L. with the normal radio no nav or anything like that. and the normal climate control with turn knobs. the sound system is am looking at getting is the JVC KW-V40BT double din dvd reciever . they provide all installation gear. the new face cover to go around the radio itself replaces the climate control knobs with what apears to be buttons and touch screen. im trying to see how would this work since i have turn knows for my climate control now? if you have any insight please let me know

Last edited by Joeyford05; 04-26-2014 at 07:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyford05 View Post
So I'm thinking about installing a new sound system into my car. i have a 2011 base model 3.7L. with the normal radio no nav or anything like that. and the normal climate control with turn knobs. the sound system is am looking at getting is the JVC KW-V40BT double din dvd reciever . they provide all installation gear. the new face cover to go around the radio itself replaces the climate control knobs with what apears to be buttons and touch screen. im trying to see how would this work since i have turn knows for my climate control now? if you have any insight please let me know
so you get an idea..... how would this work since i dont have touch screen???

here is what mine looks
New Sound System-1475957_10201606969748625_2058608930_n.jpg

what the new one ill look like
New Sound System-mustang-kit.png

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014
Apprentice

What model is that install kit? Google not pulling up anything with that model number

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellfire127 View Post
What model is that install kit? Google not pulling up anything with that model number
this is the link to the site that im going to be getting everything from an this is the install kit let me know what you think of it. Ford Mustang Factory Integration Dash Adapter Fits 2010-up Ford Mustang (with full-color touchscreen display) at Crutchfield.com
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014
GT Member

The "in the box" tab says if comes with the lcd screen. Thats why its 400 dollars. When you turn ur factory knobs it sends a signal somewhere to do what you wanted it to do. Now it will be converted into a touch button. Itll still work the same. The screen will have up and down arrows to change setting most likely.

2014 Black 5.0 Track Pack with to many mods.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpenguin69 View Post
The "in the box" tab says if comes with the lcd screen. Thats why its 400 dollars. When you turn ur factory knobs it sends a signal somewhere to do what you wanted it to do. Now it will be converted into a touch button. Itll still work the same. The screen will have up and down arrows to change setting most likely.
Yeah its a 400 dollar part but with the purchase of the radio through crutch field everything you need for install. is alot cheaper. so with the dvd player, wireharness and this dash intergration set up the total price is like 600 bucks and for 15 more bucks i can add nav. i honestly think this would make the interior of my car pop as well as make the sound system alot better then my factory base 4 speaker crappy system
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014
SHELBY GT 350 Member

I miss the fact that you can't easily replace radios in many cars.......

On my base model I just replaced all four speakers with Focals it ain't great but it's a huge improvement over the stock kazoos. It was the 1st I ever heard of Focals I got the entry level ones in the clearance bin at Crutchfield...after considerable break in they sound good. Remember to Google "Crutchfield coupon code" normally you can score.

I will admit to not liking touch screens.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post

On my base model I just replaced all four speakers with Focals it ain't great but it's a huge improvement over the stock kazoos. It was the 1st I ever heard of Focals I got the entry level ones in the clearance bin at Crutchfield...after considerable break in they sound good. Remember to Google "Crutchfield coupon code" normally you can score.

I hear ya. I miss the old days when upgrading a stereo was simple. Being forced to pay an extra $200+ on a head unit sucks too. I recently replaced my door speakers with Pioneer TS-66844Rs from Crutchfield. Cleared up mids and highs but its lacking bass. Makes me want more. Looking at headunits and posssibly a powered sub as well.

Here is the other Metra at Sonic that isn't touchscreen:
Metra 99-5823CH | 2010-up Ford Mustang Single/Double DIN Dash Kit
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:

didnt even know you could find a coupon code for crutchfield. ill have to look into this. so far for everything i want its going to be 599.94 for the dvd player and everything to install it. would be nice to save. then i could buy different speakers to replace my factory base speakers and help out on that end. if anything i want to get atleast a 10" sub for the back that will help with the bass
SHELBY GT 350 Member

there will be more of an improvement with speakers over the head unit.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
there will be more of an improvement with speakers over the head unit.
I can't find a coupon code at all online anywhere. wanna help me out?
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Kenwood 3-way's

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbster View Post
I hear ya. I miss the old days when upgrading a stereo was simple. Being forced to pay an extra $200+ on a head unit sucks too. I recently replaced my door speakers with Pioneer TS-66844Rs from Crutchfield. Cleared up mids and highs but its lacking bass. Makes me want more. Looking at headunits and posssibly a powered sub as well.

Here is the other Metra at Sonic that isn't touchscreen:
Metra 99-5823CH | 2010-up Ford Mustang Single/Double DIN Dash Kit
I did just the rears and that was a big improvement for me.

2012 Candy Red 3.7 Cyclone {RIP}
2014 3.7 Cyclone DIB\BMR rear lca;s\ American Racing razor 18x9\275/40/18 Yokohama S-drives\Boss 302 strut brace\Airaid "tube"& aFe inverted Dry-S drop-in\UPR catch can\Koni sports\J&M cc plates\DSS 3.5" 1 piece
Bassani\BMR adj. panhard\
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioAl View Post
i was just thinking the same thing. i don't really have an issue with the fronts at all. although i think better quality/ sounding speakers all the way throughout the car would be amazing. I may upgrade those as time goes on but as of right now i need fuctionality and having a DVD Player that has Bluetooth with hands free, reverse cam, nav and i can use over 90% of my apps on my phone directly from the DVD Player itself i think will make things alot easier for me. Plus I can watch movies on my lunch breaks lol
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Have you seen this one?

Scosche FD1441AB Single Double DIN Install Dash Kit for 2010 2013 Ford Mustang | eBay

Same one I got and personally much prefer how it looks...a little closer to looking OEM than the Metra.

Also...if you get a good head unit with a decent internal amp you may be happy with just that and swap the speakers with some decent aftermarkets.

This is how mine looked when I had a double din H/U...and I painted it.

Last edited by percy072; 08-04-2014 at 07:13 PM.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioAl View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyford05 View Post
although i think better quality/ sounding speakers all the way throughout the car would be amazing.

Everywhere I looked people said putting them in the rear wasn't worth the effort because the difference was minimal.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page