What Radio Came in My Car? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

What Radio Came in My Car?

Bought a 2001 Mustang GT convertible a few months ago now... it had the factory radio replaced with an aftermarket one by previous owner previous to the person we bought the car from. I want to put a factory radio back in it, but not sure exactly which one came in my car. From what I can find on the net, it looks like 3 choices were available for 2001... one with just a CD player, one with a CD & tape cassette player, and one with the 6 disc CD changer.

Is there a way I can tell which one actually came in my car, or are they all universal and use the same wiring harnesses? Is there something in the trim tag or VIN that can tell me? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014
Rookie

I've had 2 2002 gt's and both of them had 6 CD changer with no cassette player. It was a fat face head unit not the slim unit.. But I'm not sure about the 2001 year model

2002 True Blue Gt. Explorer Windsor aluminum block, Trickflow 44cc heads, 270 Comp cams, Trickflow plenum, BBK 75mm tb, Steeda UDP, Flowtech longtube headers, Pypes M80 mufflers, 24# injectors, CAI, Jegs 2.5" cutouts, 4.10 gears, Pro 5.0 short throw shifter, Exedy stage 2 clutch. 340/352
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014
Rookie

My 01 had the 6 disks changer

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Well, I found and bought a 6 disc changer off ebay, so I hope it will plug right up and work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page