What is in a 2014 GT with the 301A package - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

What is in a 2014 GT with the 301A package

I bought a Base 2014 mustang GT with the 301A package.
SYNC with appLink the mirror and power seat.

It says shaker I think on my dash.

What radio is this? Shaker 500 , or base radio? crutchfield asked an I had no clue.

What are the speaker sizes in my front doors and in the back (i looked up install threads and I can do this myself).

Is there a Sub output on the head unit? If not is there any other way to hook up a sub without swapping head units?

What are some of the minimal space sub setups? I had an awesome 10" type s alpine sub in a box that fit into the spare in my old wrx. Is there a box that maybe could go in between the back seats? Or could i just sit a bazooka tube or box in the back seat behind me (i have the seat back far so its kind of useless anyway i couldnt really put someone there).

Or is there a way I could have a small box for a 10" sub in the trunk and possibly be able to remove it if i needed the space. Also mounting the amp to the box is bad because it would rattle right?

thank you all.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

no ideas?

i am 80% sure the speakers are 6" by 8" from what i could see with a flashlight and on this one thread

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

well shiit

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-04-2014
Apprentice

You have a base radio not shaker and the speakers all around can be 5x7 or 6x8 i believe they're the same size but i usually just go by 5x7.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-04-2014
Apprentice

If you have a 'shaker' it will say so above the radio display. For 2013 & 2014 Ford upgraded thier legendary 2$ speaker to a 3$ speaker, in the 'shaker' system. The 3$ speaker that has a psudeo tweeter mounts differently than the base speakers, so if you want to replace these legendary pieces of sonic engineering, you will need to purchase speaker adapters (only if you have a 'shaker' system).

There are several threads that have the part numbers.... and once you have the adapters - replacing the door speakers is easy.

If you do have the shaker, just changing the 5x7's to infinity's will improve the sound greatly, i added a 6.5 inch 100 watt bazooka for a little more low end fill. It won't be heard from 2 blocks away - but it sounds good (imho).

2014 - V6 Premium w/ Pony Pkg ~ Boss 302 Strut Brace ~ Infinity 6832's speakers ~ Bazooka BTA6100 Sub Tube ~ Matte Black Stripes ~ FRPP 18x8.5 Matte Black Bullit Wheels ~ Air Raid CAI ~ MBRP S7242304 Exhaust

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2014 , 301a , box , stealth

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page