If CD player won't work... (Removal Question) - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Exclamation If CD player won't work... (Removal Question)

WHATS UP...

I have an 01 Mustang GT, the stock CD player (HOLDS 1 CD at a time) doesn't eject the CD anymore, the radio and clock works fine but the CD eject button does nothing.

It used to work, first 2 or 3 years I owned the car, then it started to make a strange gear noise and the CD would only come out if I banged on the dash a lil bit (I know I know, not the best plan but it was a light bang and it ejected it each time)

The ejection time doing this slowed down a bit, took 2 mins to get it out instead of 15 seconds. Now it is just dead.

MY QUESTION...

Can I just take off the plastic casing around the radio, screw out the radio and open it up to eject my disc, similar to how I got a disc out of my broke PlayStation 3. I basically want to know how complicated removing the CD player deck is, I never looked at it but I'd think this would be something I could do instead of paying some guy to do it for me if its simple stuff.
sCO_uh m.gifs CO_uhm.gif

I don't sit in while you're running it down. I don't carry a gun. I drive.
- Driver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Did I put this in the wrong place...no answers, no opinions, none? Come on people!

I don't sit in while you're running it down. I don't carry a gun. I drive.
- Driver
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014
Rookie

I've had about the same luck with a post I started about a month ago with the issues I had with a 6 disc changer for my 2001 GT. After about 2 weeks with no help, I posed my questions on the Camaro forum and had about 15 responses in the first couple hours of it being on there.

Anyway, from my own research, it seems the majority of the factory Ford single disc and the 6-disc players are simply crap. You might be able to remove the stereo and open it up by opening the metal casing to get to your CD, but then I'd replace the head unit if I were you with an aftermarket one, unless you can find a working stock one, but then you might run into the same problem later down the road.

I ended up putting a nice Sony CD Player head unit in my Mustang which not only sounds great, but also has a plug recepticle for an Ipod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page