Apprentice

2014 Premium Speakers

Ok, my one week old V6 Premium w/ Pony mustang is getting some mods :-) ;

First a BOSS 302 strut tower brace (looks good);

Now the audio stuff:
On the way are the right & left speaker bracket:
4R3Z-18B947-AA DOOR SPEAKER HOLDER RIGHT
4R3Z-18B947-BA DOOR SPEAKER HOLDER LEFT

Question 1 (and this would probably be self explanatory if I had the brackets and the door panels were off) Is the left the drivers side?

Question 2 Infinity 6832 are 2ohm as are some JBL's, for the people that have changed these, did you use the 2ohm or 4ohm (pioneer or kickers etc)? If you used the 4ohm is there a noticeable difference in sound? does it make the amp work harder?

Lastly Question 3? Has anyone been able to change out the rear deck speakers using the Crutchfield instructions? (personally I'm not comfortable removing my entire rear interior)

Thanks to all,

2014 - V6 Premium w/ Pony Pkg ~ Boss 302 Strut Brace ~ Infinity 6832's speakers ~ Bazooka BTA6100 Sub Tube ~ Matte Black Stripes ~ FRPP 18x8.5 Matte Black Bullit Wheels ~ Air Raid CAI ~ MBRP S7242304 Exhaust

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-13-2014
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

1. Driver`s side is the left side. Pretty sure mine had left/right stamped on them, not sure

2. on my `13 GT, I`m pretty sure they were 4ohm. I`ve been told that you really can`t tell the difference between 2 & 4 Ohms unless you are trying to listen to the radio at full blast. I`m not positive about that though. I have used both Pioneer & Kenwood speakers made to fit Ford/Mazda & both sound great. Just make sure you get the factory to aftermarket speaker plugs from Metra :
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...M6R43laXt4mZww

The picture shows one, but there should be two in the bag. The Pioneer speakers I got are at the bottom right of that Amazon page. Much better than stock, & only around $54.00. The Kenwood speakers I got for the GT were only $79.00 & sound about the same.

EDIT: I have also read that those speaker adapters are made backwards (black is +/white is -). Of course thar was two years ago. I hooked mine up the way they are supposed to be & have not had any problems with the sound.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks Ken,

I anyone knows the answer to the rear speakers i'd love to hear...

Thank to all,

2014 - V6 Premium w/ Pony Pkg ~ Boss 302 Strut Brace ~ Infinity 6832's speakers ~ Bazooka BTA6100 Sub Tube ~ Matte Black Stripes ~ FRPP 18x8.5 Matte Black Bullit Wheels ~ Air Raid CAI ~ MBRP S7242304 Exhaust

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014
Apprentice

There's a Youtube video out there that is fairly good on how to take everything apart to get to the rear speakers. It's time consuming but really not that hard to do. I've replaced mine using another method but you take a real good chance at scuffing up the panels so I'd suggest doing it the "time consuming" way. I did have to remove everything when I installed an amp so that's how I know it's just better to do it right the first time. Just take your time at it.

2014 Ruby Red V6 Premium w/pony package, Magnaflow Street axle-backs, LED license plate light, LED interior lights, Strip LED trunk lights, MMD Hood struts, SCT X4 Tuner with Steeda tunes for life, Boss 302 strut tower brace, OEM extended range remote start, Raxiom Navigation.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks DJ, what method did you use?

By the way, I have the EXACT same car, 2014 ruby red premium w/ pony ;-)

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT1 View Post
Thanks DJ, what method did you use?

By the way, I have the EXACT same car, 2014 ruby red premium w/ pony ;-)
It involved cutting off the backs of the push pins that hold down the rear deck panel and pulling the side panel out and forward to be able to bend the rear deck panel up and pry it out that way. I put a scratch in the side panel doing it this way, so I didn't try it that way again. Doing it the right way and pulling the door sills is the hardest part. Once you're past that, it is simple.

I had a silver 2013 base that got beat up during a hail storm. I saw the Ruby Red 2014 Premium on my dealers website. It hadn't made it to the dealer yet, so I put down some money to hold it as I didn't want ANYBODY test driving it and tearing it up. I picked it up a few hours after it got off of the trailer/transport. Love that Ruby Red

2014 Ruby Red V6 Premium w/pony package, Magnaflow Street axle-backs, LED license plate light, LED interior lights, Strip LED trunk lights, MMD Hood struts, SCT X4 Tuner with Steeda tunes for life, Boss 302 strut tower brace, OEM extended range remote start, Raxiom Navigation.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

DJ,

What do you think of the infinity 6832's ? I'm thinking of using them for all 4 speakers. I'm thinking 4 6832's with baffles on the rears. Use the rear leads as inputs for a powered sub (basslink / MTX tube). At this point I don't think I'll amp the 6832's, but I do like the size of that Clarion.

Thanks,

Chris

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014
Apprentice

I like the way they sound. Installing an amp and eq made a huge difference in the sound.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014
Rookie

that would be a step in between OEM and your MACs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page