Shelby Kicker Amp - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Shelby Kicker Amp

Has anyone installed the 4.1 channel Shelby Kicker amp in a 2013+ Mustang? Is it easy or is there a lot of work to install it?

4.1 Channel Shelby Kicker Amp For Premium (Shaker) Audio (2013-2014)

I would appreciate any insights.

2013 CS/GT Sterling Gray, GT500 ABs, no resonators, Ford Racing Performance Tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2014
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
Has anyone installed the 4.1 channel Shelby Kicker amp in a 2013+ Mustang? Is it easy or is there a lot of work to install it?

4.1 Channel Shelby Kicker Amp For Premium (Shaker) Audio (2013-2014)

I would appreciate any insights.
I should be able to report on this soon, I ordered that amp (and the subwoofer for the trunk) yesterday. If it arrives before the weekend, I'll dive into it. Shelby shipped the speakers in only two days!

-Jeff-
Ventura, CA
2013 GT Premium Brembo
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

First try

That would be great! I couldn't find any instructions online.

2013 CS/GT Sterling Gray, GT500 ABs, no resonators, Ford Racing Performance Tune

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2014
PONY Member

Garage
OK, the Shelby amp and sub have arrived. I'll be diving in first thing in the AM. They have some of the instructions on the shelbystore.com site for download. You can also email them and ask them to send you a copy.

-Jeff-
Ventura, CA
2013 GT Premium Brembo
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2014
Apprentice

How is the sound?

Did you have a shaker system, and do you know if the new amp is noticeably louder?

Thanks

2014 - V6 Premium w/ Pony Pkg ~ Boss 302 Strut Brace ~ Infinity 6832's speakers ~ Bazooka BTA6100 Sub Tube ~ Matte Black Stripes ~ FRPP 18x8.5 Matte Black Bullit Wheels ~ Air Raid CAI ~ MBRP S7242304 Exhaust

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT1 View Post
How is the sound?

Did you have a shaker system, and do you know if the new amp is noticeably louder?

Thanks
Sound clarity is really improved, much crisper highs, so much so than I've backed off the treble EQ a bit. The sub in the trunk really nicely fills in the lows and seem to complement the 8" Kicker door woofers. It's not blastingly loud, but I've always noticed that the cleaner the sound the less loud it seems. I can turn it way up and hear no distortion at all.

-Jeff-
Ventura, CA
2013 GT Premium Brembo
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014
Apprentice

Thanks Jeff,

A few more questions if you don't mind..

How was the install?
did you have a 'shaker' system?
how does the amp install?

I gained some clarity by replacing my 5x7's with Infinity 6832's. For the most part this works great, the oniy time the system seems under powered is if the windows are down, then it seems like a more powerful amp is needed.

Thanks

2014 - V6 Premium w/ Pony Pkg ~ Boss 302 Strut Brace ~ Infinity 6832's speakers ~ Bazooka BTA6100 Sub Tube ~ Matte Black Stripes ~ FRPP 18x8.5 Matte Black Bullit Wheels ~ Air Raid CAI ~ MBRP S7242304 Exhaust

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT1 View Post
Thanks Jeff,

A few more questions if you don't mind..

How was the install?
did you have a 'shaker' system?
how does the amp install?

I gained some clarity by replacing my 5x7's with Infinity 6832's. For the most part this works great, the oniy time the system seems under powered is if the windows are down, then it seems like a more powerful amp is needed.

Thanks
The install was plug 'n' play straightforward. The hardest part for me was plugging the Shelby harness plugs into the factory amp sockets. I had a tough time lining up and inserting the plugs as the factory amp is up above the left side kick panel and the plugs face rearward. You cannot see what you're doing so the whole thing is by feel.

Second hardest part was passing the harness from left to right behind the center stack of the dash, very tight in there and there's a sound blanket in there that wants to snag the harness plugs.

The amp install is a piece of cake. Uses the blower motor support nut location at the front and then the flange inserts behind the glove box lower hinge. Make sure to plug in the harness plugs first as there's not much room to work when the amp is up in position over the passenger foot well.

Yes, I have the Shaker, not the Shaker pro system, so I also added the Kicker/Shelby subwoofer to the trunk.

-Jeff-
Ventura, CA
2013 GT Premium Brembo
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2014
Rookie

Anyone out there know how to get the factory stereo out of an 86 gt convertible?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in