2009 Mustang GT Pioneer Head Unit Guidance Needed - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Pioneer Head Unit Guidance Needed 2009 GT

Hey guys,
I can't seem to find a thread addressing this specific circumstance but if there is already I apologize.
After thinking about it for months & doing a lot of research I decided to purchased the Pioneer AVIC-8000NEX from Amazon. I've installed aftermarket decks in all my previous cars but have never installed a HU like this before & have a few questions. My car currently has the Shaker 500 system. Ideally I would like to keep the factory 8" door subs if possible, but I have 2 12's and a 1200w amp I would like to run as well. Eventually I will replace the 5x7's in the doors and rear as well.

1) Is it even possible to run the factory door 8's as well as 2 12's in the trunk? If so, how? What would I do with the factory amps? I have the 12V to 5V step down thing but not sure where it gets connected.

2) On the AVIC-8000NEX in order to enable full functionality while driving, I know you have to permanently ground the parking brake. I think you just have to connect the parking brake wire to the ground wire, (both are on the back of the HU), is this correct?

Thanks in advance!

2009 Vista Blue GT/CS
Borla ATAK Alxe-Backs, Steeda CAI with BAMA Tune, FRPP 4.10 Gears, Michellin Super Sports, SR Performance 1.5" Lowering Springs, J&M Adjustable Steel Panhard Bar, 14" Shorty Antennae, WeatherTech Floormats, Pioneer 8000NEX Head Unit with Kicker L7's & R.F. Amp, Factory HIDs, Hurst Short Shifter, Raxiom Halo Fogs, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts with GT500 Strut Mounts.

Last edited by CaliGT916; 09-16-2014 at 11:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
android , pioneer , samsung , shaker 500 , subs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page