2002 ford mustang gt aftermarket stereo question - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

2002 ford mustang gt aftermarket stereo question

Hi I have a 2002 ford mustang gt with the Mach 460 stereo. When I bought the car it had an aftermarket head unit, and it still does. My problem is the driver side tweeter and the right rear tweeter are the only things that are working. Nothing else works. I need help to figure out how to get the whole system working? Please help any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014
Rookie

The tweeters are the only speakers in the car that run off of the head unit unless speaker system was rewired with aftermarket system. mach 460and 1000 systems have separate power amps behind the back seat for rhe rest of the speakers. you can run a line to the amps if the new head unit has outputs for them

02 mineral grey gt vert --cai, mf exhaust w/ xpipe, comp cam, smoked headlights/foglights, sequential tail lights, cobra chinspoiler, cc style bar, pain in the neck oem top boot cover
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014
Rookie

Google search mach 460/1000 stereo wiring there are a couple good articles with diagrams thats how i figured mine out. good luck!

02 mineral grey gt vert --cai, mf exhaust w/ xpipe, comp cam, smoked headlights/foglights, sequential tail lights, cobra chinspoiler, cc style bar, pain in the neck oem top boot cover

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014
Rookie

here is a pretty good trouble shooting guide that helped me out.

Ford Mustang Mach 460 Sound System and Troubleshooting

2004 Anniversary addition V6 Convertible
3.9L
Automatic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page