New '05 GT owner query... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

New '05 GT owner query...

Hello all.
Just signed up.
Bought my first Stang about 3 weeks ago.
2005 GT Deluxe with only 53K miles!

I'm looking to upgrade the audio head unit. Bought a JVC in dash DVD that I ended up not caring much for so I returned it.

My main question is;
Does anyone here have any experience or knowledge of a company called Zero Auto? I have perused their website and also found their products on ebay, but the Internet is proving woefully inadequate in giving me any insight into their company, let alone reviews of their products.
I've been looking at this:
http://zeraauto.com/in-dash-navigati.../#/product/247
It seems like an outstanding product from the images and specs, but I'm wary to shell out that kind of money without knowing more about them.
My other concern is the 2 extra wiring harnesses on the factory head unit. I assume these are for the subs in the doors, but I'm not 100% sure.
This claims to be a direct drop in for the factory head unit, but I don't know if it will accommodate theses harnesses.

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks guys...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1419016941792-90130430_1419016973523.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	358.1 KB
ID:	401969  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Wow. 202 views and no replies... starting to get worried...

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015
GT Member

Garage
It appears to be a great unit. However, I couldn't find any reviews on the web. I'm a little skeptical about products with unknown brand names, and no one can provide any feedback. I would be afraid of support service. I recommend that you stick to companies that are known to provide good support.

2006 GT, Strut Tower Brace, Gas Hood Struts, FR Intake Plenum cover, Metal Fuse Box cover, Moroso brake reservoir cover, Rear shock tower brace, Front Bumper Lip Spoiler, JVC DVD Head unit w/ back-up camera, satellite Radio and USB input, 2 - 12" sub-woofers, 4 - 6"x8" speakers, 2 - 6.5" speakers to replace the door subs, 3 amplifiers, LED lights under the hood and in the trunk, chrome e-handle on parking brake handle, chrome cup holder trim, and trunk lid cover with running pony emblem.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2015
PONY Member

Sorry no help about that particular product but I'd be concerned about NAV updates. They appear to have NAVTEQ software but it is expensive each time you want new maps. Garmin has free updates. I looked at that unit (or perhaps a similar one) for a while too but decided against it - but I think the one I looked at was on aliexpress. Also - getting the pinouts to match will be tricky if they don't have US support with cables even though the unit shows a Ford splash screen. And it isn't cheap either. Try looking at Crutchfield to see what they have or a local Sound shop when they have sales. Crutchfield also sell lots of cables to make what they sell fit - and other units too I believe. They have good reviews.
I put in a Ford "Brick" Nav unit which is an OEM product and am finding that some hardwired signals don't work and the unit needs to be sent in for programming to 4DTech or similar. I checked the hardwired signals (illumination) and they don't work either so the unit doesn't know when I turn the lights on which should dim the display. Others are upgrading to the Clarion NAV from the 2009 models and 4D tech sell kits to make them plug and play. Expensive but probably a great product which you'd be happy with.
Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page