Mach 460 install question - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-10-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Mach 460 install question

Hello, my 02 Gt coupe has the stock base model sound system. The one with no tweeter speakers by the mirror. I was wondering it a used Mach 460 system would just plug in without any cutting and splicing? I figure all the mustangs would have the same wiring for each car. More cost efficient to produce one harness with a few unused 460 plugs than to make several wiring harnesses and installing the correct harness for the speakers at the factory. Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-10-2015
GT Member

Garage
Im sure it could possibly but youd have to get all the wiring for the tweeters and the 460 head unit. Honestly id get some 3 way speekers and a new headunit. It will sound just the same, if not better then factory speakers. If you do get a headunit id suggest going through crutchfield. They supply all they connectors to clip right into the factory harness and you wire onto the new harness to the stereo. They also provide the mounting hardware If you spend more than $100 on a headunit. On my v6 I put a Kenwood $119 headunit paired with the Kenwood 3-way and I spent under $200 for the whole set up. Its simple to do the headunit but the speakers are alittle more challenging since you have to remove the rear deck lid and the door panels. It took me 2hrs to install the system and its nice. If you plan on going that route i can help explain it more on how to install it. I honestly like my set-up more than my gt with the mach 460 factory speakers. Hope you find what you are lookin for with your car!

19 GT PP1
65 GT A-Code Mustang 289
66 GT A-Code Mustang 289
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-10-2015
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member

Agree with the above. Your time and money will be much better spent on aftermarket stuff. And pretty sure your car isn't pre-wired for it anyway, so would not be a plug n' play operation.

2001 GT Convertible
/1967 Coupe
All the usual bolt-on's /200 I6, C4

And a few Explorers too... 2008 4.0 XLT 4x2, 1996 XLT 5.0 4x2, 2003 Sport Trac XLT 4.0 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page