2007 Mustang parasitic draw through fuse 16 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

2007 Mustang parasitic draw through fuse 16

Hi all, not sure if this is the best place to post this or not (first time user) but here is my problem as I'm sure someone has heard before.

I have around a 400mA - 600mA parasitic draw on my battery at all times. I have used an ammeter to determine that it is all going through fuse 16 from my main fuse box.

I'm having trouble locating the reason why im having the draw occur. I have removed both door panels (assuming the shaker 500 (which I have) amplifiers are installed somewhere in the "sealed" door panel). I have also disconnected both front speakers (haven't got to the back just yet, though I doubt a speaker would cause this) and have completely disconnected my head unit that is not factory. I have owned the car for about 7 years including all the non-factory items but the draw has only happened during the past two years.

Finally got to the point of hating using the charger and hopefully anyone here can either give me a detailed wiring diagram for everything going out of the f16 fuse or have some other ideas.

Thanks a lot guys!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015
Apprentice

This circuit runs the front amps for the Shaker 500, so you probably have a draw from the amp itself. Good luck.

07 Mustang V6, GT 19'' wheels, Bullitt suspension & brakes, Dynomax dual exh w/GT takeoffs, Eleanor style grille, Shelby rear spoiler, CS/GT bumpers, SHR insert, side & rear window louvers, CS/GT scoops, SYNC/Navi, Roush hood scoop, Leather power seats, IUP w/GT MyColor, hood shocks, 8.8 trac-loc w/3:73 gears, logo'd trunk mat, trunk lid storage organizer. Gen 5 tail lights, '12 lighted vanities & outside mirrors, '13 Boss Strg Whl.w/audio controls, Ambient lighting, puddle lamps
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015
Rookie

If there was an aftermarket radio in place, then a voltage divider circuit was wired to send approximately 5 volts through the factory amp turn on wire in the smaller harness behind the radio. Check to see this was done correctly or if the wiring is faulty. The amps for for front woofers in the door panels are located under the driver side dash on the left. You can disconnect the amps to further diagnose the problem. Here are wiring diagrams that might help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-01-15 at 1.22.06 AM.png
Views:	2704
Size:	831.6 KB
ID:	406985   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-01-15 at 1.21.57 AM.png
Views:	2136
Size:	580.9 KB
ID:	406993  

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for the responses! I'll look for the voltage divider and will reply with what I find (if anything) Where are the amps located specifically? If I take off both my door panels and unhook all attached wiring/harnesses, that would disconnect them, correct? The amps aren't inside the actual metal frame of the door is it?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Found it! As was suggested, and I thought it WAS an amplifier. My mistake was the location thinking the amps where in the door panel when in fact they are under the drivers dash left side, also known (as I know now) the driver's side kick panel. Thanks again for all the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page