Powered Subwoofer - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-19-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Powered Subwoofer

Hey guys, so I have a 2014 Mustang gt base model. It just has the base sound system in it, which kind of sucks. I upgraded all four of my speakers, which definitely improved the sound, but not enough for my liking.

Now I'm not a bass junkie or anything, but I do want some more sound and bass from the system. I don't want to spend a ton of money on subs and amps and add a ton of weight to my car, so I was thinking of just adding one powered sub.

Questions are...Will adding just a powered sub improve the volume of the system? I know it will improve bass a little, but how about volume? Again, I am not coming form the shaker 500 system, I just have the base system. Will adding a powered sub really increase the sound and bass from the stick system, or should I spend the extra money and buy the sub and amp separate?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-19-2015
PONY Member

Garage
Adding a sub won't increase the volume of the other speakers but maybe you won't need to turn the volume up as high as you are now trying to get the sound you want?

Shelby has a nice plug and play Kicker 4.1 channel amp for the base system. The .1 gives you a signal for a sub.

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p...1-AMP2013B.htm

You can use a Shelby / Kicker powered sub or I think any other powered sub as well.

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/KA-10-WOOFER.htm

Not a cheap system, but the plug and play aspects make installation a snap and the system sounds great.

-Jeff-
Ventura, CA
2013 GT Premium Brembo
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

Just like wjbertrand said, adding a sub will not increase the volume, it will just increase the bass in the music. Now if you want a higher volume since you replaced the speakers already, add a 4 channel amp to power your door speakers, which will significantly increase the volume. If you are worried about the money, just do everything in stages, which is what I did
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page