2002 Mach 460 Replacement - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

2002 Mach 460 Replacement

Alright guys I'm planning on replacing the mach 460 system in my 02, and I ran into a question.

I went to crutchfield and asked them some questions on how they would go about replacing the system and they suggested I get an amp to power any new speakers I install.

The amp they suggested is (50 watts RMS x 4ch)
If I have a head unit with a built in amp that supplies
(80 Watts x 4 Ch) would that not work just as well if not better?

When I brought it up to the guys at crutchfield they said it could work but it would not produce any worthwhile sound.

Are they just trying to get me to buy an amp from them or is there something I am missing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015
Rookie

I just replaced, today in fact, my HU with a Pioneer DEH-80PRS. Lemme tell you, it is a friggin miracle for the Mach 460. I too was about to throw out some major cash on a whole amp/speaker upgrade when I discovered this unit. It is beyond tweakable and believe it or not, makes those stock speakers really shine! It turns out the HU that I had in there was just not a good match for the Mach 460. It was a Kenwood DPX-300u.

NO JOKE, this is a top of the line, albeit 2 years on the market already, HU that is crazy expandable for whatever system you can imagine. I'm blown away. Got it on amazon for $80 less than everywhere else.

www.jmckayphoto.com
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

cool story I used to have a pioneer hu similar to that one but my speakers were still old and busted, they would either pop a lot or just sound bad, especially compared to my subs, I'm getting new hu cuz the old one wasn't what i wanted and decided i might as well get some cheap speakers which will be better than what i have now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2002 , audio , mach 460 , radio , speaker -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page