Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Alarms (/forums/audio-video-navigation-alarms/)
-   -   Replacement speakers (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/audio-video-navigation-alarms/840281-replacement-speakers.html)

6stang02 03-30-2015 09:30 PM

Replacement speakers

Hey guys, i replaced my factory speakers with some new kenwood 6x8s. Its been about three months and i have had this annoying rattle now every time mid/bass cords hit in the song. The old ones had no issues with that but they had a little rubber piece on it which i assume it helped reduce that rattle. On my new speakers it did not come with that rubber piece. Now i was wondering if i placed some type of foam on there around the speaker if it would help, has anyone else had this issue or is it just my car?

silver_stang200 03-30-2015 09:39 PM

I too am having this problem I replaced my stock speakers last summer took the doors apart to see it all was tight and it was this summer I'm going to Dyna matt the doors and in circle the speakers 2x to insure their is no more rattle

6stang02 03-30-2015 11:58 PM

Thats what i am thinking but, since my car is the SN95 old school door panel, every time i attempt to pull off door panel i always hear these nice cracking noises like im breaking plastic.. Either way were you planning on just buying a roll of the dyna mat or do were you able to find a precut version?

silver_stang200 03-31-2015 12:02 AM

my bosses son has some IDK if it's pre cut or a roll I will let you know when I talk to him this week