Automate AM1 Alarm by Directed Electronics - Anyone? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

Automate AM1 Alarm by Directed Electronics - Anyone?

I had the dealer install an aftermarket alarm when I bought my stang. They didn't ask me any questions about how I want it configured and they use some outsourced installer that is never around when I call of stop by.

Now I'd like to change some of the settings. The owners manual (and customer service) is a joke and was no help. I was hoping someone here might know the sequence of clicks and switchs to get into the programming settings.

-----------
2007 Mustang GT Convertible - Alloy Metallic - Premium Package - Interior Upgrade - Heated Seats - GT Appearance Package - 3.55 - Cloth Top

Seq Tail Lights - FRPP Stingers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007
MACH I Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to Vortex
http://www.automatecarsecurity.com/products/sec.asp
click on owners guide on the left... does that help?

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

Vortex - Thanks for the help. I already had the owners manual, but what it doesn't tell you is how to enter into the programming settings. Tells you what they are, but not how to get into them.

-----------
2007 Mustang GT Convertible - Alloy Metallic - Premium Package - Interior Upgrade - Heated Seats - GT Appearance Package - 3.55 - Cloth Top

Seq Tail Lights - FRPP Stingers

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007

What do you want to know?

I have the AM1 in a 2007 Toyota Camry. I saw your post while I was trying to figure out how to disable the horn sounding at lock/unlock because the car was sounding chirps in addition to the horn. I figured it out . So if that's what your are looking for then here goes it

Here is what I did (refer to Page 26 of the Installation Guide)

1. Open door

2. Turn ignition on and off

3. close the door

4. Within 5 seconds press and hold valet switch, after 3 seconds the horn will sound once to indicate entry into the first features menu

5. Press and hold the valet switch corresponding to feature number (press two times for chirps on/off)
6. press unlock button (you will hear 2 chirps for chirps off)
7. Release valet switch and start car
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008

doesn't work :/

Hi, this is the only place on the internet, where I found some instructions as to how to program this stupid alarm. However they don't work for me :/

I open the door, turn the ignition on and off (should the car actually start? should I take the key out of the ignition?), close the door, press and hold the valet button and never hear any honk. I tried some modifications of the above procedure, without much success.

I have quite randomly played with the alarm before, and one symptom which I have is that when I open the door before I turn off the engine after stopping, I'll hear a chirp, followed by 2 chirps, followed by a honk. Extremely irritating (is it b/c of sensor zones?). So I'd like to turn this off, and to turn off chirping when arming/disarming. My neighbors will thank you!

Any advice, please??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page