Mach 460 6 disc cd changer problems - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007 Thread Starter
V6 Member

Mach 460 6 disc cd changer problems

Hey all, I recently hit the eject button and ejected a cd out of slot 6. The CD came out but CD disc opening didn't shut. Now anytime I try to switch to a different cd, eject a cd, load a cd, it says CD Error. I tried shutting the car off then back on, I tried hitting eject again for cd 6 and load for cd 6 nothing happens, it just says CD error. Any advice on how I can get it to close? To sum it up the cd came out but the opening didn't close, so I can't see the printing that says 6 disc cd because it is open. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007
4.6L Member

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but when the ford radios go they go, the flat ford fixing rate was 200$ for my pre 6 disk unit no matter how small the problem so u may just want to find a good sony with the USB drive for 170$ and do away with cds all together, rewire the speakers take out the stock amps and save about 40lbs.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007

6 disc CD ERROR

This is what I did to my In-Dash 6 disc CD Player in my Ford.

Rather that toss the radio like most are saying to do you can try this first.

Pull the radio out and remove the screw on each side and the 2 on the back. Pop off the cover and you can see the CD's. The part of the CD changer may have not fully engaged the CD it wanted to play and it is stuck not knowing what to do. Press on the CD that so that the part that spins the CD is locked into the center of the CD. Leave the top open and plug in the CD player. It should start going through all of the cd's then if the CD error is gone it will play again.

Mine works fine now.

generatorman

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007
Rookie

removing the player

Quote:
Originally Posted by generatorman View Post
This is what I did to my In-Dash 6 disc CD Player in my Ford.

Rather that toss the radio like most are saying to do you can try this first.

Pull the radio out and remove the screw on each side and the 2 on the back. Pop off the cover and you can see the CD's. The part of the CD changer may have not fully engaged the CD it wanted to play and it is stuck not knowing what to do. Press on the CD that so that the part that spins the CD is locked into the center of the CD. Leave the top open and plug in the CD player. It should start going through all of the cd's then if the CD error is gone it will play again.

Mine works fine now.

generatorman

How did you remove the unit mine stoped also but all CD's are still inside and the door is shut?

Bryan
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007

you have the take off the trim piece around the shifter(which is all just clips) and then you can take off the big trim piece around the stereo which is two nuts on the bottom then you can just pop off the rest with a small screwdriver there is 6 clips total on that. Once you do that u can slide out the stereo and you will need to take of the faceplate which can be done with a small torix screwdriver then u should be able to acess the cd's
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009

Quick fix

I had the same problem! All you have to do is disconnect the posiitive side of the battery, and then after several minutes re-attach it. When you get back in the car the cd will be hanging out of the cd player, and the changer will work fine! Mine seems to have this problem sometimes when it is hot outside (95 or higher) well maybe i have helped someone with this! Good luck!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009

Thumbs up Trim Removal

Mine hung up during a CD change. Try this link for details on removing the trim - 2001-2004 Mustang Aftermarket CD Player Installation.
Works well for the amateur...saved me $500 (dealer repair quote). I removed the trim as detailed, and then followed "generatorman's" suggestions. Once open I carefully poked 2 out of place CDs back onto the spindle and that fixed it.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010

Mine worked again after...

I followed the advice of generatorman.. It was a snap to remove the front cover for the radio-3 lover push button controls and 3 above knobs. I took plyers and pulled from the AC adapter. There are about 6 screws--7mm about--that need to be removed, but its easy.
I have pix of the job.
The CD's ejected (all6) and loads again and plays proplerly.. PHEW, its a releif!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010727.jpg
Views:	13871
Size:	293.6 KB
ID:	89510   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010728.jpg
Views:	14029
Size:	294.7 KB
ID:	89511  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDERSON02GT View Post
I had the same problem! All you have to do is disconnect the posiitive side of the battery, and then after several minutes re-attach it. When you get back in the car the cd will be hanging out of the cd player, and the changer will work fine! Mine seems to have this problem sometimes when it is hot outside (95 or higher) well maybe i have helped someone with this! Good luck!
I had the same problem and tried this too. Now the CD changer works fine. I was really surprised that it was such an easy fix!
Rookie

mach 460 hu

ima try this see what happens lol
Apprentice

Ok in my GF's Mustang she is getting a "TA Report" error any ideas what this means and how to fix it?

2010 BMW 135i Twin Turbo, Full Exhasut, Intake, Tune
2011 GT- Western Motorsports Intake and D&G custom Grille
1990 LX 2.3 2nd owner

SOLD
1988 LX 5.0 BBK Intake Flow master mufflers
1988 LX 2.3 Custom Intake and Flow master exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page