Rear Speaker Installation Convertible 2007 Mustang GT - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Question Rear Speaker Installation Convertible 2007 Mustang GT

I have read every post I can find that broaches this subject :eyepoppin, but I have not yet found one that covers replacement of the rear speakers in a 2005+ convertible.

I have a 2007 GT convertible and am planning to install Kenwood 6x8, 2-ways front and rear (plus a massive sub in the trunk).

Does the rear speaker panel just pull off? Rear speakers are not on the deck, of course, as a convertible doesn't have one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh, I have a Shaker 500 system, which means 1 6x8s (or 5x7s) and one 8" woofer in each front door, plus another 6x8 in each rear side panel.

Last edited by Nastang; 09-08-2007 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Add an explanation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007
Apprentice
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

have you tried Crutchfield: Car Audio, LCD TV, Plasma TV, Speakers, Home Theater? Probably the best source for audio info on the web.

This place makes me miss the days of the shop... sort of! and the information that I provide is based upon my experiences over the years and I do not profess to be any sort of pro any longer. I will do my best to help if I can and this constitutes advice only - no formal recommendations here unless I have just done the same thing to one of my rides in the past 6 months...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008
S197 Member

Any Suggestions? Rear speakers for 2007 convertible upgrade

Hi> I just did an upgrade to my 07 > !

1.The top covers are held on by metal clips (CAREFULLY ) pull up slightly on the plastic till you see the clip then use long handled flat screwdriver to (carefully) pry the clip loose from the lower portion. These will break off easily from the plastic!!!!
2. You can now see into the area that holds the speakers and where the other clips hold the the panel on. (CAREFULLY ) pry those loose > do not pry too hard, the panel clips go through the speaker bracket and then to the metal of the car.
3. there are several small clips along the front edge of the panel that need loosened ( be careful they don't fall off and go into the lower panel abyss!)
4 the panel will slowly come off except for one push plug along the back edge of the panel wiggle it loose and your there.

I installed a pair of 5" diamond audios with tweeters > made an 1/4 inch MDF panel exactly the same size as the 5x8's and mounted the crossovers in the trunk

Just be sure nothing interferes with your top hydro cylinders they move up and down slightly when the top moves

If you have any other questions please let me know ( sorry this is so late just got on the forum>

J.R.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page