rear view camera - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
rear view camera

Has anyone installed the emerald mobile integrations rear view camera for the sync screen? If so was it hard to install? I am looking to install this on my 2014 GT/CS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015
PONY Member

Garage
I haven't installed my back-up camera yet, but I've done some research on it. Check out these 2 links:

SYNC LOCKPICK
SYNC Lockpick Install - Add a backup camera to your SYNC system

I know one of these links is to a different forum, but the article was very helpful. This lockpick system allows installing just about any type of back-up camera you want. I already have a license plate frame / camera combo that I am going to use on my 2013 GT/CS and this is the route I am going especially since you can remove the restrictions on inputting while moving.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015
PONY Member

Garage
This camera would work if you don't have the navigation system from the factory? - I am looking at putting in a Raxiom Navigation System with Bluetooth and back-up camera - but this camera looks to be a better quality. The one that comes with the Raxiom doesn't have a grid or tells you how close you are and has been written that is only a 180 degree view - which is good for seeing small children etc. An thoughts if this could be used instead? And this actually would be nice for my husbands car as well - he has the factory navigation but no back up camera - we both have 2014 GT/CS Premiums - mine is a convertible and his is a coupe with the Panoramic Roof too. Wish mine had come with the original factory navigation - it would be easier - but we will be taking trips with both so to have the capability in both would be great and to have the back-up in both is almost a must as YOU CAN'T tell the rear end of that car as you know. LOL.

(2) 2014 Mustang GT/CS Premium California Special Race Red
1 Convertible w/Black Top
1 Coupe with Panoramic Roof
Coupe has the navigation system, Vert after market Pioneer 8100 Nex with Metra Kit
Both 19 x 8.5-in. machined face with black
painted aluminum wheels
Both with 6 speed Corsa Sport Axleback GT500 Quad Exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page