im new to mustangs and this site! need help on my car! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007 Thread Starter

im new to mustangs and this site! need help on my car!

hey guys im new to this, just bought a 97 mustang, got some problems to it, clutch is goin and the guy said theres a whole in my exhaust?? no clue..any good place to get parts or mechanical work done to? thanks alot! help me out!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007
Apprentice
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Welcome to the forums! Starting to modify your car is as easy as an internet search. Plenty of suppliers ship your direction without too much cost. Are you looking for any parts in particular? Brothers Performance, CJ Pony Parts, Dallas Mustang, etc. all have great parts and follow up if necessary. It seems that price is the only downfall to this sport. Check e-bay as well as they may have some great deals for you.

This place makes me miss the days of the shop... sort of! and the information that I provide is based upon my experiences over the years and I do not profess to be any sort of pro any longer. I will do my best to help if I can and this constitutes advice only - no formal recommendations here unless I have just done the same thing to one of my rides in the past 6 months...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007
S197 Member

in Hamilton??

Zorro on 20 for the exhaust repairs
Clutch?? unsure out that way but there are a lot of good shops within 1/2 hour
maybe try Steeda in Milton....?? they're a mustang owners dream shop

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007 Thread Starter

thanks for the help! seems like the clutch is fine..just finished replacing the exhause system. The other thing i notice is when i wake up to go to work, i start the car and it starts to idle...seems like the engines gonna die on me? it only happens when the cars been sittin for a while overnight. If the cars been sittin couple hours or so its normal...anybody know what that can be?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhaus View Post
thanks for the help! seems like the clutch is fine..just finished replacing the exhause system. The other thing i notice is when i wake up to go to work, i start the car and it starts to idle...seems like the engines gonna die on me? it only happens when the cars been sittin for a while overnight. If the cars been sittin couple hours or so its normal...anybody know what that can be?
Just a guess, but could it just need a good cleaning of the throttle body? Seems like your problem is just happening on cold idle. If your idle air passage is clogging up or your throttle blade is gummed up a little it could affect cold idle quality. This is just a guess, though, but it wouldn't hurt to clean up your throttle body a little anyways.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007
S197 Member

the wonders of forums!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page