Searching history for my 1967 Mustang Coupe - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-05-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Searching history for my 1967 Mustang Coupe

As the title says it, I'm looking to track down my Mustang's history. I was told on another forum to try my luck here perhaps someone can help me out. So I'll use most of the text I have already written in the other forum.

I know that there were not only 10000 Mustangs built but if don't try I'll never know. Eventually someone here owned the car or knew/knows one of the owners or even knows if the car came from a junk yard or something like that. Any little information about the car would be great.

The Mustang is:
Dark Moss Green with black vinyl Top
Engine is a 289 with a 4V Edelbrock, tri-Y headers, a 1974 C4 transmission, dual exhaust, deluxe interior with parts missing like the middle console and seat belts. Grant steering wheel. The hood is either a repro or one from a '68 model, the car was repainted. A/C was removed as well as the braces.. There are no tags on the car anymore.
The floorpans were changed, cowl welded as well as A-pillars, around battery tray, tail panel. This is how I bought the Mustang.

It was Metuchen built April 1967, Ordering District was Jacksonville,dealer was Northgate Ford Tampa Florida. VIN 7T01C227304

Last owner in the US was a dealer in Ohio Bob Gillingham in 2010.
The car was imported in Germany in October 2010. Then the one who imported it sold it to a private and this person had the car until mai 2011, the moment I bought it.
None of these owners got information about the car. Records at the dealers Gilligham were either destroyed or unavailable (that's what they told me).

So where was the car between 1967 and 2010? Who owned it? Who "restored" it? These are the questions I wish I could have answered.

Again I know that chances to get information is nearly impossible but I have to try.

Here are some pictures from the day I bought it back in 2011.

Thanks in advance.
Alain

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	k-Foto 4b.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	426554   Click image for larger version

Name:	k-Media_DCIM_100APPLE_IMG_0091.JPG
Views:	890
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	426562   Click image for larger version

Name:	k-Media_DCIM_100APPLE_IMG_0093.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	426570   Click image for larger version

Name:	k-Media_DCIM_100APPLE_IMG_0806.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	426578   Click image for larger version

Name:	k-Media_DCIM_101APPLE_IMG_1099.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	426586  

Last edited by 67coupe289; 04-05-2015 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Attached thumbnails
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page