Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Classic Member

pet peeve

Def: pet peeve
plural noun: pet peeves
something that a particular person finds especially annoying.
= = = = = = =

One of my pet peeves is someone asking for help without posting the year/model etc and the info needed to answer the question, For example ask about a carb without giving the Mfg and model of the carb.

Anyone else have this as a pet peeve.

Joe

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Like someone asking, for instance, why their '68 convertible won't start? Ok, well, what engine does it have? What is it doing when it "doesn't start"? I know there are plenty of people out there that like cars but aren't mechanically inclined, but you gotta give us more to work with. Got engine problems? Tell us what engine. Transmission not working? Tell us as much as you know or can find out.

My biggest pet peeve is not putting the issue in the posting title. "ZOMG NEED HELP" isn't gonna tell me if I can help with your particular issue. I'm much more likely to help if your post is something like "Clunking noise from rear when getting on throttle" or "1965 V8, power steering darts on freeway."

Proud owner of a '65 289 coupe. Equipped with Edelbrock Performer intake, Quick Fuel 680HR carb, ported stock heads, 282 Magnum solid cam, Hedman longtube headers, MSD ignition, and decked and ported heads. T5 transmission with hydraulic clutch. Griggs Racing GR350 suspension. 8.8 rear end. Griggs front & Wilwood rear brakes. Many more mods to come!
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015
Apprentice

Does it have to be car related?

#1) When people pretend they know the answer about something when they have little to no specialty in - confusing with how they feel about something and just how long it takes to get to know something. Two very different things and yet to some, how they feel is exactly why they know.

shooo! get out of here!

'68 HardTop
302, Flat Pistons, 170 Trick Flow (P&P)
Trick Flow Lifters, Scorpion Roller Rockers
Hooker,T5, Al Flywheel, Al Drive Shaft, 9 rear

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015
Rookie
5.0L Member

Garage
It seems I get stuck in line at the parts store every time behind"That Guy"
my89foxbody and johnwaz3661 like this.
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015
PONY Member

Garage
Or the so called experts(at least in their own mind) cutting everyone else that post down. Often times they couldn't repair a wet paper bag much less a car. There are a lot of the higher posters on here that fit that. You know the real smart [email protected]@'s

OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER BUT YOUNG ENOUGH TO STILL ENJOY IT
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016
PONY Member

Guys with high post counts that can't imagine a "newbie" could possibly know as much as they do. 'Newbie" is a relative term especially for this 63 year old.
zray and my89foxbody like this.
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member

Hello. Personally, I don't even look at the post count to figure out if this or that person might know what they are talking about. I just read what they wrote and go from there.

I cringe when a person in front of me in a grocery store pulls out an actual checkbook. It's all that I can do sometimes to not say something like " C'mon, Ezekiel, try to catch up. We have these little plastic cards now that work just like money." But, I don't.
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016
PONY Member

Not forum related, but my major peeve is aftermarket parts that don't fit.

Z

PS. minor peeve is my iphone and iPad that take my nearly correct spelling and turn it into something very distant from English, or any other language.

Z
my89foxbody likes this.

Galaxie 500
'65 K code Mustang
& a few '66 GT350's (1970-2012)
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016
Apprentice

One really annoying pet peeve is the PA speaker mounted inside the front grille so that everyone can listen (unwillingly, of course) to the gibberish playing on your car stereo.
I mean really! I listen to all kinds of music but I can only stand so much of "uhh...uhh...uhh...uhh" coming out of your ice cream truck, wannabe whip, while at a stoplight.
It is especially annoying if I'm on a call with a potential client.
It makes me want to jump out of my truck and unload my 40 cal.
A few years ago our neighborhood had to deal with idiots slaloming down the street taking up both lanes to some lame song that sparked this fad.
They took out a few cars including my neighbor's eventually.
I'm glad that went away.
Apprentice

Dont even get me started on the idling car with straight exhaust parked a couple of houses down at 1:00am.

Last edited by Makedust; 09-23-2016 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Duplicate
PONY Member

Garage
Loud Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makedust View Post
Dont even get me started on the idling car with straight exhaust parked a couple of houses down at 1:00am.
I had my windows down while sitting under an overpass and waiting for a stop light to change. The light turned green. The kid next to me in a Toyota with straight pipes nailed it full throttle while taking off, only to stop one block further down at the next light.

pet peeve-loud-exhaust.jpg

That little twerp who was wearing a sideways ball cap nailed it just because he knew that the engine blast would reverberate under that overpass and explode everyone's eardrums.

I am unhappy, to put it mildly, with these people who make their exhaust as loud as possible with no purpose other than to irritate everyone else.
Urambo Tauro likes this.

"A thing of beauty is a joy forever; its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness" John Keats.

Where Mustangs Began: 1963 Ford Falcon Futura Hardtop with a 164 hp Challenger 260 V-8 and a Ford-O-Matic two-speed automatic transmission. "The Wonder Falcon".
2016 Ford Mustang GT Fastback with a 435 hp Coyote 5.0 L V-8 and a 6R80E six-speed automatic transmission. "Race Red".
Apprentice
Classic Member

Send a message via AIM to Red67
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul289 View Post
Like someone asking, for instance, why their '68 convertible won't start? Ok, well, what engine does it have? What is it doing when it "doesn't start"? I know there are plenty of people out there that like cars but aren't mechanically inclined, but you gotta give us more to work with. Got engine problems? Tell us what engine. Transmission not working? Tell us as much as you know or can find out.

My biggest pet peeve is not putting the issue in the posting title. "ZOMG NEED HELP" isn't gonna tell me if I can help with your particular issue. I'm much more likely to help if your post is something like "Clunking noise from rear when getting on throttle" or "1965 V8, power steering darts on freeway."
You would think people would have enough common sense to give us something to go on...
PONY Member

When people get in the passing lane and drive the same speed as the folks in the right lane. That's the definition of pet peeve.

2003 Mach 1 - TR3650 - Ford Performance aluminum shaft - Mac O/R H-pipe - Airbox modification - 17% tint

Gone but not forgotten:
2001 GT auto in Zinc Yellow-Flowmaster mufflers - Pypes O/R H pipe-Eibach Sportline springs/Koni STR.T shocks-AMR wheels w/ 315/35 MT Street Comps-FR 3.73s-Blankenship Performance tuning-Steeda Under-drive pulleys-BBK CAI-AcuFab 70mm TB
PONY Member

All valid arguments. I came here just to find out about some good pet peeves. I don't think I have any, you see.

Now, after reading through the thread I find myself mad at pretty much everybody about everything (especially the dink in the fast lane and the guy writing his cheque while casually discussing his weekend plans with the cashier). I'm not sure how to define it but surely there must be a pet peeve in this for me? Finally!

Have a great day and all the best.

2014 Gray Mustang

PONY Member

Now that I'm all riled up I can't stop thinking about things that peeve me.

Okay, everyone feels a bit flattered and enjoys getting a 'like' on their posts, right? And everyone likes what they put into their own posts. Or they wouldn't have put it.

So I'm sure you have noticed that they take away the 'like' button for a person on their own posts. Think of how many likes we are missing out on. I could have about 400 odd more. And some people here could have thousands more!

Man....that peeves me right off.

Still wishing everyone a great day anyway.

Old Goat Ninja likes this.

2014 Gray Mustang

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page