Help! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Question Help!

I have looked everywhere on the net trying to find what the production date is for my 65 Mustang. It doesn't have a warrantee plate. I have plenty of information that explains the rest of my VIN and I've been able to decipher most of the data that would be on a data plate. Can anyone tell me the production date for sequence number 383241? Thank You! Joe

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2017
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBP View Post
I have looked everywhere on the net trying to find what the production date is for my 65 Mustang. It doesn't have a warrantee plate. I have plenty of information that explains the rest of my VIN and I've been able to decipher most of the data that would be on a data plate. Can anyone tell me the production date for sequence number 383241? Thank You! Joe
You're not going to get what you're seeking from the sequence number.
There is a stamping on the left top inner fender near the front. Looks similar to "5F08A" XXXXXX This will provide the year location of assembly, engine code etc.
So what happen to the data plate?

Ken
Severna Park, MD
1964 1/2 Poppy Red Cvt Resto-Mod
333 cu.in, dual Webers, CI cam, TW heads,TRI-Ys, 3.55 rear, T5z, TCP susp., real leather seating
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2017
PONY Member

There's are date stampings on the engine that will give you a GENERAL idea of when the car was produced. That's as far as you are going to get.

As Kenash states, without a door data plate you are facing a mystery. Small chance you may have two hidden clues, is there a buck tag anywhere under the hood ? Or is there a build sheet hidden somewhere ? I've seen them under the coils in the seat, under carpet, or taped to the wiring under the dash. Either the buck tag or the build sheet will have the info you seek.

Z

Galaxie 500
'65 K code Mustang
& a few '66 GT350's (1970-2012)

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

When I bought the car it didn't have a data plate, probably from the restore a few years ago. The full VIN is 5F07C383241. I know what the front half stands for and I know the last six digits are the production sequence number. I'm hoping to at least find a few people who have cars with numbers above and below so that I can narrow my search for the build date. I appreciate any help in the search. Joe
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017
GT Member

Quote:
When I bought the car it didn't have a data plate, probably from the restore a few years ago. The full VIN is 5F07C383241. I know what the front half stands for and I know the last six digits are the production sequence number. I'm hoping to at least find a few people who have cars with numbers above and below so that I can narrow my search for the build date. I appreciate any help in the search. Joe

Have you searched for early GEN registries? I used to have a link for one when I did my resto. Will look for it....
Good Luck

Ken
Severna Park, MD
333 cu.in, dual Webers, CI cam, TW heads,TRI-Ys, 3.55 rear, T5z, TCP susp., real leather seating
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

All, thanks for replying. I've been looking all over trying to find a registry but no luck yet.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017
GT Member

Quote:
All, thanks for replying. I've been looking all over trying to find a registry but no luck yet.
This was the site I mentioned earlier. Click on the "HOME" link. It has an early GEN registry. You might find something helpful or, perhaps, can contact the moderator.
BTW, there is a ton of other useful stuff too.....
Good Luck...

Home

Ken
Severna Park, MD
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017
Apprentice

Quote:
I would suggest around 22M, that is 22 December 1964.

Josep

1966 Mustang Hardtop 200 Inline 6 - Arcadian Blue - AT TE - 6R07T213966 - San Jose built June 11th 1966 - DSO 71
1966 Mustang Convertible 289-2V - Vintage Burgundy - AT PS PT DB - 6F08C109403 - Dearborn built September 9th 1965 - DSO 36
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017
Apprentice

According to the Mustang Production Guide, Vol 1, your car's most likely build date is around the last week of December 1964. The consecutive serial numbers below and above your car's are all around 23 to 30 Dec, except for 2 convertibles with scheduled build dates of Feb 15th, 1965 (really? How strange!)

Hope this helps,
Ron
Apprentice

Garage
The best I can offer you is that it was built after March. My last 6 digits are 199XXX built in March 1965
Rookie

My '65 was built Nov 3 , 1964 and my sequence is 349834, so the December info seems to make sense...

Stangboy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
production numbers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page