My Car is a Movie Star - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
My Car is a Movie Star

Hey Guys, Just thought I would share some good news. Although I do not have a Mustang, I do have a Mustang big brother, and this is a Ford site (in additions to Mustangs).

Anyways, my 1968 Ford Fairlane 500 is a movie star....or more specifically a TV show star. Back in 2016, a local production company contacted me stating they needed a '60's era car for a few scenes in their show. They hired my car to be police car (yes, a two door police car). The production crew outfitted my car with police lights. As it turns out, my car was in 3 or 4 scenes (although one scene was edited out). But the scenes clearly show off the car and you can clearly tell it is my car.

After the show was done, they liked the car so much that a couple of months later, the production company asked to use the car in a second show. Now I grant, in the second show, since the car is black, and the scenes were filmed at night and from a low angle, it does take a bit to see that it is my car. This time is was not a police car but the car driven by a friend of the star who was abducted by aliens.

Now the producers just called me again, and want my car to be in a third show. This time the car will be an undercover cop car, with a portable police light on top (think Kojack style police car), which by pure happen stance, I own one of those portable lights too.

No, the production company does not pay much to use my car, but I do get to be on set all day, I get to eat a catered meal with the actors & crew, and I get bragging rights that my car is in a show. Well, I just thought I would share this fun story with you all. Enjoy.

Last edited by mrvandermey; 02-13-2018 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018
Rookie

That's cool!

Any links to the scenes so we can see it?
Or how about some pictures?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Here are some pics. I only have pics of first show, as I was driving in the scene in second show. Third show has not happened yet.
#1 is car today (wheels have changed since shooting).
#2 is car dressed up as a cop car.
#3, 4, 5 are the first set of scenes,
#6 is other scene (driven by different actor).

The first show was called "Behind the screams: Handsome Devil" It was about Ted Bundy and when he got caught. The second show was call "Behind the Screams: Alien Invasion". It was about a guy who went missing for 5 days and claimed to be abducted by aliens. I do not have the details on the name of the third show.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/behin...saturday-bauer

Behind the Screams (TV Series 2015? ) - IMDb
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fairlane front.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	256.8 KB
ID:	590249   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150911_180715.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	751.6 KB
ID:	590257   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150911_180456.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	834.7 KB
ID:	590265   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150715_084104.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	976.4 KB
ID:	590273   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150710_164304701_HDR.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	903.4 KB
ID:	590281  

Name:	IMG_20150710_184711067_HDR.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	590289  

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018
Rookie

Nice car!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Very Cool!

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018
Rookie

Very nice car. Once the production companies find that you're good to work with, they'll keep coming back to you.

Steve

2013 Sterling Grey GT premium convertible
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
I have been working on an engine upgrade for my little celebrity. I am so glad I have not yet pulled the old engine (which runs, just is anemic), for the next show is scheduled for this weekend. As all celebrities start improving their image after a successful appearance in a movie, my girl is getting this nice little upgrade (once I finish the fine tuning) after shooting is done.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20180127_191000 (1).jpg
Views:	57
ID:	590505  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018
PONY Member

That's awesome! Love the car.

We were contacted by Paramount last month and we ended up making 2 interior kits here at work for an upcoming show and I can't wait to see the show when it airs lol. I'll be looking hard to see how much of our stuff you can actually see. We're a small company (8 employees), so I can't wait to see what happens. One kit was for hero car and one for filming car. Supposedly it's the main characters truck in the show. Hopefully show does well and doesn't bomb after pilot episode.

2014 Mustang GT Premium 401a; "Now you can add Premium to your signature." - Thereaper
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
I agree, it is always great to see your car or work on film. The first show clearly showed off my car. The second time, not as much for it was filmed at night, the car is black, and the angle was shooting from ground up, plus I was driving the car in the second show (the director did not want the actors to drive my car). Several years ago I accidentally became an extra in a movie filmed in downtown San Francisco. But I find it more thrilling to have my car in a movie than me. When I came on to this site back in 2005, I had a rather infamous '05 Mustang GT convertible that was my show car. I managed to get that car in various car shows, parades, photo shoots, hand drawn pics, advertisements, and yes, even in a car magazine (not the cover story though), and although I no longer have that car, I did keep all the pictures and pedigrees.
Old Goat Ninja likes this.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2018 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Hey guys, I had another fun night of watching my little movie star do her thing. Here are some pics of the new show she is in. No, I still do not know the name of the show but had a lot of fun nonetheless. But like last time, the production crew keeps such information hidden until after the show is released.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20180216_210429.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	590769   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180216_210411.jpg
Views:	46
ID:	590777   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180216_202147.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	590785   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180216_202129.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	590793  
GT Member

I just saw this link, so I'm a little bit behind. Anyway, sometime in the early to mid 80's there was a time I drove my mustang daily to work. At the time she was red with a black interior. This was 10 years before a future restoration was to take place and reveal her real colors of Poppy Red with a white interior.
So, one day I was walking to my mustang for the drive home and saw a note on the windshield. UGH!, an fender bender was my first thought. As it turned out it was a note requesting me to call a number as they wanted to use my mustang cvt for a local movie production. I blew it off thinking it was some weirdos looking to boost my car. Too bad, as I often thought if it was a serious request. Afterall, we have a couple of well known movie producers here in MD who have made a number of big screen hits. Hairspray, Diner, Sleepless in Seattle, Tin Men, Blair Witch project, Avalon to name a few and the director/producers are John Waters and Barry Levinson. Too bad, she coulda been a contenda..LOL!
But this is OK, she's still my ageless beauty....... Like your story mate!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Mustang 2009.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	229.7 KB
ID:	591257  

Ken
Severna Park, MD
1964 1/2 Poppy Red Cvt Resto-Mod
333 cu.in, dual Webers, CI cam, TW heads,TRI-Ys, 3.55 rear, T5z, TCP susp., real leather seating
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
The story is actually even funnier. Back in 2015 I was considering selling the car, so i listed the car for sale on Craigslist. I had a couple bites but nothing serious. Then I get an email from this guy who says he likes my car and wants to know if he can rent it. He then explains he is a producer for a local production company and he wants to use it in a TV show. Of course, he does not give me details of the show, no name, no story line, no specific purpose for car. So my first thought is this is a CL joker. Then I though maybe it is real, but it is a show like Jackass or something where they trash my car or some such. So I asked the guy a few questions in regards to who he works for, did some research on company and called the company and asked for him (using number from online research, not number guy gave me). When we talked terms, I made sure I drew up the contract, asking for proof of insurance, indemnity if anything happens to my car or if anything happens to anyone because of their use of my car. We reached terms, and since then they call me up every now and then (like this last weekend) to use my car as a prop. This time it was used pretty extensively, compared to the first couple times. It is just good fun.
kenash, kenv, Urambo Tauro and 1 others like this.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenash View Post
I just saw this link, so I'm a little bit behind. Anyway, sometime in the early to mid 80's there was a time I drove my mustang daily to work. At the time she was red with a black interior. This was 10 years before a future restoration was to take place and reveal her real colors of Poppy Red with a white interior.
So, one day I was walking to my mustang for the drive home and saw a note on the windshield. UGH!, an fender bender was my first thought. As it turned out it was a note requesting me to call a number as they wanted to use my mustang cvt for a local movie production. I blew it off thinking it was some weirdos looking to boost my car. Too bad, as I often thought if it was a serious request. Afterall, we have a couple of well known movie producers here in MD who have made a number of big screen hits. Hairspray, Diner, Sleepless in Seattle, Tin Men, Blair Witch project, Avalon to name a few and the director/producers are John Waters and Barry Levinson. Too bad, she coulda been a contenda..LOL!
But this is OK, she's still my ageless beauty....... Like your story mate!
Very nice ride man.! Like the color combo.!

Josep

1966 Mustang Hardtop 200 Inline 6 - Arcadian Blue - AT TE - 6R07T213966 - San Jose built June 11th 1966 - DSO 71
1966 Mustang Convertible 289-2V - Vintage Burgundy - AT PS PT DB - 6F08C109403 - Dearborn built September 9th 1965 - DSO 36
Apprentice
Classic Member

Send a message via AIM to Red67
Really cool! Love your car!
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red67 View Post
Really cool! Love your car!
Thank you. I will love it even more once I get my little engine issue resolved (am building a high performance 302, and having issues with the build).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page