Any confirmed info on the origin of the different Racing Stripes? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draghon View Post
We're talking about vehicles, not clay and animals... lol
I appreciated the historical context even if it was drowned in sarcasm.

-1967 Mustang Convertible <project>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt350HR View Post
Chrysler didn't "invent" the hemi , they just copied the design. MANY European engines , Aircraft engines ,and American cylinder head conversions like the Frontenac and Duntov s were all "opposing valve , pentroof " designs. Chrysler was the first American "production" car to use the design.
Actually the first production car with a Hemi was a DeSoto not Chrysler. However Chrysler eventually bougt Desoto.

swooshdave likes this.

I'D RATHER GO SLOW THAN NOT GO AT ALL
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draghon View Post
We're talking about vehicles, not clay and animals... lol
So am I. I am just tracing the roots of the stripes on cars farther back than you did, that doesn't make it less relevant. Before there were stripes on cars they were in other places and then just copied to a cars paint, but the stripes did not originate at the same time as the paint scheme did, they were remembered from previous encounters and thought to look good on a car. Private citizens put stripes on cars before any manufacturer did it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page