HELP! Looking for my fathers '65 Mustang - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

HELP! Looking for my fathers '65 Mustang

Well to make a very long story short, we thought this car was gone with a property that was sold, but we were lied to and the car was removed by a family member without our permission and we are trying to track it down as that particular family member is all but dead to the family and we have no contact with them. We are going through the correct channels with a lawyer and the correct officials as we do still obtain the title, but I thought I would see if anyone would have knowledge of this particular Mustang. It means a lot to my father and I, as well as the rest of the family. Any help locating this car would be greatly appreciated!

The Mustang in question is a 1965 coupe. It was last registered in Lexington County, South Carolina and was there until about 2001-2002 (maybe later) until the family member in question pretty much stole it and could have possibly sold it, so it could look different now.

The car was a light green with green pony interior. Had a 289 and Crager wheels with a Clemson decal on the rear window. The VIN for the car is 5R07C208125. Like I said we are now in the process of getting a lawyer, etc to help us with this, but I would really like to find it before law enforcement does.

Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
PONY Member

Garage
I can understand your feelings about family. Been there done that. Good luck with your search and good hunting.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
Apprentice

Garage
Good Luck on your search. It's tough having a family member conducting themselves like a total POS.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
SHELBY GT 500 Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Good luck on your search and I'm sorry about the falling out of the family.

Maybe the lawyer can do a nationwide search of the VIN and get some information for you?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
PONY Member

When my Grandmother died she made her daughter the executor of the estate and she ran out with 1.6 mil that was to be divided between 4 of us. We haven't seen her since and consider it a good price to get rid of her permanently. Money well spent.
Just look at it that way.
It's all for the best.
After that long, the car was probably totaled judging by the type of choices the person makes in general.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page