Drake 64-66 right side mirrorHi - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ivy66GT
  • 1 Post By baylensmanfl

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

Drake 64-66 right side mirrorHi

Hi, I am a newbie here although I was here several years ago. I will reintroduce myself soon. I have purchased a right side Drake mirror for my '66 GT hardtop and it is slightly different than the left side mirror although the left side one is inside control. It is different appearance wise. Or is GT mirrors different than standard mirrors? I have owned several '66 Mustangs but many years apart. Thanks, Jim Kroll

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
PONY Member

Garage
Check at the Mustang parts suppliers. They have several different styles of mirrors for the '66 mustangs. Some are OEM and some are not.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member

GT, or not, had nothing to do with rear view mirrors. The standard round, right-side mirror would look identical to the left side one but few cars had one from the factory. Having a mirror on the left, driver's side, was required but it hadn't been too many years before that when all outside mirrors were options.

The same standard mirror fits either side you just have to adjust it in the opposite direction.
Beechkid likes this.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
BOSS Member

SD (even back when SD himself started the company) was never known for quality...…….sorry to say.....although not around anymore, I purchased mostly Pro Products when I did mine....they actually looked better than the oem (which was still built by Ford at the time)….and no, this was not back in the "dark ages either"

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimKrollAa View Post
Hi, I am a newbie here although I was here several years ago. I will reintroduce myself soon. I have purchased a right side Drake mirror for my '66 GT hardtop and it is slightly different than the left side mirror although the left side one is inside control. It is different appearance wise. Or is GT mirrors different than standard mirrors? I have owned several '66 Mustangs but many years apart. Thanks, Jim Kroll
When ordering a Right hand mirror you must specify which Left hand mirror you have. the Standard 64-66 round outside mirror used on multiple ford cars is ambidextrous and fits either side but does not have an inside control. the Deluxe mirror was introduced in mid 65 and is mustang specific and does have the inside control, there is a matching right mirror for that but it is not quite a mirror image. Due toits placement on the door and the visor bar between the door window and the wing window its is subtly different in its twist so to speak. some early cars had the "COBRA" mirrors mounted either by the original owner of the dealerships.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 7.04.34 AM.png
Views:	6
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	611137   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 7.04.47 AM.png
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	611139   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 7.04.53 AM.png
Size:	210.0 KB
ID:	611141  
JimKrollAa likes this.

I'D RATHER GO SLOW THAN NOT GO AT ALL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in