Let the journey of asking questions begin ;) - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
PONY Member

Let the journey of asking questions begin ;)

I pulled the trigger and bought it, needs alot of work but it's a 70's 302 sportsroof with a clean title. It will make a nice BOSS 302 tribute but damn i love the MACH 1 with shaker on.. still debating what i really want. Anyhow i'm sure it will keep me entertained for years to come.

J

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190820_133522.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	770.3 KB
ID:	611145   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190821_111736.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	1,013.1 KB
ID:	611147   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190821_111858.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	866.6 KB
ID:	611149   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190821_145515.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	607.3 KB
ID:	611151  

1965 Mustang Resto-Modded with a classic charm
347 ci stroker 10:1 CR ( street warrior engine with a very mild custom ROLLER cam for torque) Weiand Stealth intake ported to AFR 185 cc ,CompCams GOLD 1.6 Roller rockers ,Wiseco ProSreet Forged Pistons,Manton custom pushrods, Hedman ceramic shorties
AOD stage 1( good up to 450 HP)
Rear End 3.80 gears, Monkey Grip Trac Lock posi unit
Tires 15" all around 225's in the back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
GT Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
COOL looks like a lot of work but the end result will be AWSOME! Good luck on your journey!

"ONX PNY"

2009 MUSTANG (45TH Aniversary) premium w/pony package.
AUTO, Leather, IUP, Kenwood DDX393/Speakers
A.M Bullitt wheels W/custom center caps
RAXIOM RETRO'S Black turn signals/Tinted rear bumper lights cobra Roadster hood that's functional and many other mods

Yes I know my user name doesn't match my car color

1966 coupe 289 2V C code factory BENCH/P/S
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Nice, good luck!

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
Apprentice

Garage
Looks to me like "challenge brought, and accepted"... Very cool. Good luck on the project.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

If you don't feel like putting the shock towers back in, now would be the perfect time to upgrade the front suspension. I like Griggs, myself.

Proud owner of a '65 289 coupe. Equipped with Edelbrock Performer intake, Quick Fuel 680HR carb, ported stock heads, 282 Magnum solid cam, Hedman longtube headers, MSD ignition, and decked and ported heads. T5 transmission with hydraulic clutch. Griggs Racing GR350 suspension. 8.8 rear end. Griggs front & Wilwood rear brakes. Many more mods to come!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul289 View Post
If you don't feel like putting the shock towers back in, now would be the perfect time to upgrade the front suspension. I like Griggs, myself.

I'm still debating that idea as well Paul, car is a perfect candidate for a rack and pinion set up. Passenger's tower has been completely removed. The old man i bought it from told me Fatman has a nice setup which even bolts on. I'll look into your Grigg's set up before making any final decisions. Before i get into any serious mods i want to finish up the body work. Over 2 grand was invested on the vehicle on new sheet metal and labor, floors were finished, quarter panels wheel wells and tail light panel. Man couldn't finish the project after losing his job and had to go. Roof and front end is whats left pretty much. The older gentleman who bought it from this other guy is to old to finish it so he was looking for someone who can do it. He gave me a sweet deal and since i'm in no rush i'm confident i can finish it in a few years.

J

1965 Mustang Resto-Modded with a classic charm
347 ci stroker 10:1 CR ( street warrior engine with a very mild custom ROLLER cam for torque) Weiand Stealth intake ported to AFR 185 cc ,CompCams GOLD 1.6 Roller rockers ,Wiseco ProSreet Forged Pistons,Manton custom pushrods, Hedman ceramic shorties
AOD stage 1( good up to 450 HP)
Rear End 3.80 gears, Monkey Grip Trac Lock posi unit
Tires 15" all around 225's in the back
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

It's important to have a solid platform, for sure. I'll probably take some time this winter to do the floor pans on mine. But yeah, if you have any questions about the Griggs kit, feel free to hit me up.

Proud owner of a '65 289 coupe. Equipped with Edelbrock Performer intake, Quick Fuel 680HR carb, ported stock heads, 282 Magnum solid cam, Hedman longtube headers, MSD ignition, and decked and ported heads. T5 transmission with hydraulic clutch. Griggs Racing GR350 suspension. 8.8 rear end. Griggs front & Wilwood rear brakes. Many more mods to come!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page