Looking for birthday information - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

Question Looking for birthday information

Hello,

Noob here...at least to this forum. Looking for the some help with data to recreate my door plate. 1965 Mustang Convertible GT. It has been in my family for 45 years, I was a 15 year old doofus who damaged the driver door and my dad replaced it but of course didn't remove the original data plate (nor did I).

VIN is 5F08A805875.

The car is an interesting mishmash of parts. Apparently Ford guys were having fun when they built ours as some window cranks are 1965, some are 1964 1/2, I think the front brake calipers were 1964 1/2 too if I recall. Anyway, car was Vintage Burgundy when we got it, standard black vinyl interior with bucket seats. I can't remember if it was a GT or if my dad made it a GT--but it has the exhaust tips through the valance, fog lights, rally pack (that WAS original). I have most of the info for the door plate but not birthday, and DSO will likely be LA since it was a California car when we bought it (we are the third owners).

Anyway, thanks for letting me ramble, any help appreciated.

JR

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P4233441.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	320.4 KB
ID:	611181   Click image for larger version

Name:	P4233446a.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	287.9 KB
ID:	611183  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
PONY Member

Garage
If the engine is the original one, you could get an idea of the build date there. There's a milled spot on the block just in front of the intake manifold that should have a number/letter series stamped on it. From my '66 manual you have a '65 convertible built in Dearborn, MI running a 289 with 4 barrel carb. The body style came up 65A (convert with bucket seats) painted X (maroon metallic) with 26 (black interior). The DSO should be 52 (Los Angeles) or 53 (San Diego) and the trans would be 1 (3 spd manual), 4 (4 spd manual) or 6 (C4 auto). Granted these are '66 numbers but should be very close.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

Ht Travis98146,

I have all of those numbers that you gave me but like the door on the car, the engine has also been replaced, from my brother's car, so this is not a numbers matching car any more. I just want to get the birthday info to get a replacement door tag made--the one on the car now is from a fastback--and at least the car will "look" like it has the original.

Thanks for the reply!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
birthday , jayare1965 , mustang

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page