Good SoCal Mustang Resto Shop - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-13-2019 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Good SoCal Mustang Resto Shop

Has anyone used a good restoration shop in SoCal to do work on their Mustang. I have a 66 GT Fastback that I have been working on for some time, and I just don't have the time any more. Good shops that really know Mustangs are hard to find, so I figured I would ask folks on this forum. Paint, suspension and brakes are already done. They type of work I am looking for is things like putting the doors back together, installing glass, a few electrical things, headliner and rubber all around. It's not rocket science, but I want someone that knows the cars.
Any help finding a shop would be much appreciated. I would really like to get my car back on the road, and start enjoying it again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustysdawg View Post
Has anyone used a good restoration shop in SoCal to do work on their Mustang. I have a 66 GT Fastback that I have been working on for some time, and I just don't have the time any more. Good shops that really know Mustangs are hard to find, so I figured I would ask folks on this forum. Paint, suspension and brakes are already done. They type of work I am looking for is things like putting the doors back together, installing glass, a few electrical things, headliner and rubber all around. It's not rocket science, but I want someone that knows the cars.
Any help finding a shop would be much appreciated. I would really like to get my car back on the road, and start enjoying it again.
Mustang Inc. In Van Nuys Ca.
Da Rod Shop in Simi Valley.
The first one is very knowledgeable with lots of experience on Mustangs and Cougars..
Second shop is a general hot rod shop with honest work and have done plenty of Mustangs .

Good luck.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-16-2019 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks Larry. Have you used Mustang Etc. in Van Nuys? They have been around a long time, and I think I used to deal with them back in the 90's when I worked at a Mustang shop in Pasadena, called Devonshire Ltd. The owner of Mustang Etc. used to buy parts from us. I don't think it is still the same owner that I dealt with, so that is why I was wondering if they were a good shop.
The Yelp reviews look good, so I think it is worth it to go try them out.
Thanks again.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-17-2019
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustysdawg View Post
Thanks Larry. Have you used Mustang Etc. in Van Nuys? They have been around a long time, and I think I used to deal with them back in the 90's when I worked at a Mustang shop in Pasadena, called Devonshire Ltd. The owner of Mustang Etc. used to buy parts from us. I don't think it is still the same owner that I dealt with, so that is why I was wondering if they were a good shop.
The Yelp reviews look good, so I think it is worth it to go try them out.
Thanks again.
Mustangs Inc been around for along time. Owner was or is Arnold Marks and very knowledgeable. His son may have it now or perhaps they have sold it . They have been collecting OEM parts for many years for Early Fords and have some pretty amazing stuff squirreled away on the shelves. That being said you will pay top dollar for OEM parts from them. Of course being able to walk in and buy a 55 year old part still in the original box is pretty amazing so ... At least that has been my experience. Son was a bit more difficult to deal with but if Dad is still around he was a easier to deal with and a very helpful.
Been a number of years since i have been in there or made a purchase so no telling what has changed etc.
Dad had or has some pretty nice early Fords including Boss 428's and 302's. In the day I used to see some pretty nice stuff coming out of there but again that was some years ago so things may have changed. In the day Dad was a purist so it was more about the cars than the money in my opinion. Seemed like son has more about making the buck and unknown if it is in the hands of someone else today..
If you end up there i'd be interested how it is operating today. never know when something comes up that requires expertise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page