What have you done with/ to your car today? - Page 6 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Continued cleaning, sanding, and treating rust, finishing body work, and already itching to be done (though easily a year or so away from being ready to drive.....

Michael Ed likes this.

-Patrick

1965 Fastback
289 4V
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

I installed some new seats.
Bucket seats front and back for my 65’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my89foxbody likes this.
PONY Member

I will join Michael on the bucket seat replacement chorus lol I wish i could've been done with installing both today but the passenger's seat was what i believe to be a lemon. SummitRacing is shipping me a replacement next week though. I have to say this is by far one of the best updates i've done to the interior of the vehicle ever since i put in the radio.. Very comfortable seat although is a bit tighter now and with my pony interior i feel the door's arm rest panel is compressing against the seat.

J
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190125_124731.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	437.3 KB
ID:	608125  
Michael Ed likes this.

1965 Mustang Resto-Modded with a classic charm
347 ci stroker 10:1 CR ( street warrior engine with a very mild custom ROLLER cam for torque) Weiand Stealth intake ported to AFR 185 cc ,CompCams GOLD 1.6 Roller rockers ,Wiseco ProSreet Forged Pistons,Manton custom pushrods, Hedman ceramic shorties
AOD stage 1( good up to 450 HP)
Rear End 3.80 gears, Monkey Grip Trac Lock posi unit
Tires 15" all around 225's in the back

PONY Member

I see the dent already. That's only going to get worse if you leave it. Do they have any other seats available that will fit properly? It's too bad they didn't mention they don't fit a pony interior door panel.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT'sGT View Post
I see the dent already. That's only going to get worse if you leave it. Do they have any other seats available that will fit properly? It's too bad they didn't mention they don't fit a pony interior door panel.

I didn't see any mention that it wouldn't fit with a Pony interior, but what really pissed me off is these expensive seats don't come with any hardware. I had to go to the hardware store and get me bolts, nuts and washers to bolt it down. You would think these will be included but thats not the case. Hard to believe they expect you to use old seat's hardware i like the seats alot i would hate to see the pony panels go but if it comes to that i will do it.

J

347 ci stroker 10:1 CR ( street warrior engine with a very mild custom ROLLER cam for torque) Weiand Stealth intake ported to AFR 185 cc ,CompCams GOLD 1.6 Roller rockers ,Wiseco ProSreet Forged Pistons,Manton custom pushrods, Hedman ceramic shorties
PONY Member

Ouch.
Make sure you use the shims under the seat to reinforce the holes in the floor.
I normally just reupholster the stock seats with new pads and upholstery that has the bolsters built in. Then you know it will fit.

Rookie
Classic Member

Up on all fours in the garage, with t5 dropped out and I'm trying not to loose my MIND with the T5 conversion gone wrong!!!!! ARRRRRRRRRGHHHHGHGHHHGHHGHGH!!!!!!!!!!!
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Hey guys, I love this thread, as many of us are constantly doing something to our classic ride. My classic ride is in a bit of a hiatus. As some of you may recall, I started a top end engine upgrade a little over a year ago. That top end engine upgrade snowballed into a complete engine build (now have a completely brand new Ford 302/306 putting out 370+ HP), then I added a brand new C4 tranny (built to handle 450 HP). You would think that should be enough....nope. I decided the 2 1/4" exhaust was not up to the task, so I then replaced the full exhaust, including ceramic coated long tube headers with a Flowmaster 2.5" exhaust (includes "H pipe", and rolled chrome tips). My latest project included swapping out the original 8" Ford rear end (non-posi, 2.79 gears, drum brakes) with a new Quick Performance Ford 9" rear end, with posi, 3.50 gears and disc brakes.

Now with all that said, the car is still sitting in an inoperative state. The engine is built and is installed in the engine bay, the transmission installed, headers are on, and I just installed the rear end. However, the engine is not operational yet, as the wiring, plumbing, cooling, and fuel lines are not hooked up yet, thus engine has not yet started or been broken in (beyond my skill level), the exhaust (other than headers) has not yet installed, the driveshaft removed and I have not yet replaced the U-joints (although I have them), and the rear shocks need to be replaced as they got damaged when I removed the old rear end.

Now I am in the process of buying a new house, so all my disposable money is going towards that adventure, thus leaving my '68 Ford Fairlane 500 in a never ending hiatus status. Once I move into the new house, I hope to finish the mechanical projects (hooking up and starting engine, installing new exhaust, installing driveshaft with new U-joints, replacing rear shocks, hooking up the brakes, hooking up the floor shift linkage and transmission cooling lines, etc). My next new mechanical projects may include upgrading to fuel injection, then upgrading the suspension including installing a 4-link with coil overs for rear and tubular control arms with coil overs for front. For sure, my next project will be to complete the bucket seat conversion (get the bucket seats reupholstered and installed, install the new center console, etc), and install the gauge cluster with factory tach and new tilt steering column. At that point, I may actually get to drive the Beast.
Michael Ed likes this.

Last edited by mrvandermey; 03-28-2019 at 08:05 PM.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey View Post
Hey guys, I love this thread, as many of us are constantly doing something to their classic ride. My classic ride is in a bit of a hiatus. As some of you may recall, I started a top end engine upgrade a little over a year ago. That top end engine upgrade snowballed into a complete engine build (now have a completely brand new Ford 302/306 putting out 370+ HP), then I added a brand new C4 tranny (built to handle 450 HP). You would think that should be enough....nope. I decided the 2 1/4" exhaust was not up to the task, so I then replaced the full exhaust, including ceramic coated long tube headers with a Flowmaster 2.5" exhaust (includes "H pipe", and rolled chrome tips). My latest project included swapping out the original 8" Ford rear end (non-posi, 2.79 gears, drum brakes) with a new Quick Performance Ford 9" rear end, with posi, 3.50 gears and disc brakes.

Now with all that said, the car is still sitting in an inoperative state. The engine is built and is installed in the engine bay, the transmission installed, headers are on, and I just installed the rear end. However, the engine is not operational yet, as the wiring, plumbing, cooling, and fuel lines are not hooked up yet, thus engine has not yet started or been broken in (beyond my skill level), the exhaust (other than headers) not yet installed, driveshaft removed and not yet replaced the U-joints (although I have them), and rear shocks need to be replaced as they got damaged when I removed the old rear end.

Now I am in the process of buying a new house, so all my disposable money is going towards that leaving my '68 Ford Fairlane 500 in a never ending hiatus status. Once I move into the new house, I hope to finish the mechanical projects (hooking up and starting engine, install new exhaust, install driveshaft with new U-joints, replacing rear shocks, hooking up the brakes, hooking up the floor shift linkage and transmission cooling lines, etc). Then my next project will be to complete the bucket seat conversion (get the bucket seats reupholstered and installed, install the new center console, etc), and install the gauge cluster with factory tach and new tilt steering column. At that point, I may actually get to drive the Beast.

Life happens and projects take the back seat sometimes. Stay patient.

SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Ed View Post
Life happens and projects take the back seat sometimes. Stay patient.

I hear you there, but I must admit, patience is not always my strong suit.
Michael Ed likes this.
Rookie

What have you done with/ to your car today?

Hopefully I will get the headliner glued in and ready for windshields. The struggle is real when your doing it by yourself!
That video will be released soon, until then if you’re interested in “Modified Mustang”, check it all out on my YouTube channel Michael Ed, or click playlist to benge watch all the crazy mods from start to now. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...TyzRNDAC6PuDly

Rookie

I just finished installing new front brake pads and had the rotors turned not to bad at all for a part timer, someone told me about this website for Original O.E. parts cheap https://www.fordpartsprime.com/
I tried it out and this place is great so i wanted to share with anyone that cares my new go to place for parts.
Michael Ed likes this.
PONY Member

After much debating i finally installed throttle valve corrector plate today, it was a major pain to get the shifts dead on again and it took me hours of trial and error .. I decided to start from scratch, i unbolted the whole bracket and after reading several articles (stuff i should know by now since i've been dealing with the dreaded TV cable for years NOW) i went to find for the ideal geometry. The corrector plate works awesome i only regret not having done this earlier. Time well spent today

J
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190330_151352 (1).jpg
Views:	16
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	608969  

PONY Member

Garage
I got into doing the body work on my '66 that the PO started. Mostly hammer and dolly work right now. It got it's first bath last week so I can see where the work needs to be done. The trans needs the shift linkage re-adjusted since I can't shift into reverse with the shift lever (it works fine if I shift with a pry bar from underneath).
Rookie

What have you done with/ to your car today?

Lots of parts are in!
Getting things reinstalled and trying to get it drivable again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page