Ford Mustang Forum banner

What have you done with/ to your car today?

23K views 129 replies 66 participants last post by  crjackson 
#1 ·
The last forum I participated in had a thread called "What have to done to your car today?" People talked about just what the title implies. Everything from a good wax job to major mods. It was an ongoing thread and, by the time I joined that forum, it was several years old and covered dozens of pages. I see a lot of threads here that could fall under that general heading. I think the Mustang forum should have something like that.
Anyone else?

#4 ·
Technically, nothing today. Last week, I installed Steeda Charge Motion Delete Plates and a Ford Racing GT500 Throttle Body. I did some 2010 OE Style Black Wheels 3 weeks ago. Now I am just waiting to install an SLP Line Lock Kit and put my Nitto 305/40 R18 on the car and light'em up.

Attachments

#7 ·
Tuesday I installed a set of factory -style alloy pedals plus a matching dead pedal I got on sale from LMR. The gas and brake pedals were pretty easy. Because the reviews said the 3M tape on the gas pedal was a bit weak I also used epoxy. The dead pedal was a bit more involved. Had to pull the door sill trim, then the kick panel as well as pull up the carpet so I could access a 13 mm bolt to mount the d/p to.
Anyway, it looks great and the d/p makes it more comfortable as well.

#8 ·
Gonna grease the LCAs tomorrow.
Also mash the gas pedal at least once or twice a day.

#9 ·
Mine is just sitting in the garage...BUUUT I have these waiting to go in!

Attachments

#10 ·
Snow mostly gone here now and streets are mostly dry, so got the stang out last night for first test drive after installing an Exedy Mach 500 clutch, flywheel and SR Performance Braided Stainless Clutch Line.

All went really well. Clutch was quiet, very precise and buttery smooth, . Going to drive the prescribed 500 miles though before hitting it real hard .

#12 ·
Installed new napa chassis parts ball joint $100. Each guaranteed for life to replace those that where on my new frpp LCA that I bought last year that only lasted 15K km.

Attachments

#13 ·
this week mon/tue drove her to work wed she has been sleeping in the driveway due to the snow storm we had here

Hopfuly I'll get to drive her and clean her up next week (IF it doesn't snow here again)

#15 ·
This thread is a good idea. A lot of car/truck/bike sites have similar threads. I`ll insert just one word in the thread title if the OP does not mind, & that word is "with". That will encompass pretty much every interaction you could have with your car. I`ll also make it a sticky.

Reactions: crjackson
#18 ·
Okay, this was atually over the last few days, but I installed a new alternator... which led to a new alternator wiring harness, voltage regulator, and headlight wiring harness.

Huge thanks to Veronica for her Care and Feeding of Ponies blog -- I think I read her alternator post 12 times to ensure that I wired the alternator right... it was NOT wired "properly" before, with the ground wire going to one of the unmarked posts on the back of the alternator instead of to the actual ground. Not sure if that would cause any issues or not, but it's corrected now!

Of course, even after all of that, my headlights still don't work! Should have done more research upfront... new headlight and dimmer switches have now been ordered, so hopefully that should do the trick.

I am getting pulsing lights at idle now (courtesy and dash lights), but presumably that's from the old style voltage regulator. Again, I probably should have done more research first and purchased the cheaper solid state version!

This was definitely not the hardest project I've done on the car so far, but I'm glad it's done! I'm tired! :)

#21 ·
I have removed the wrong paint for the inner fender nuts and after, I have repainted them in black. now they look more correct.!

#22 ·
1967 Mustang Coupe

Well, if we are asking what have done literally today on my Mustang, then nothing. However, in the last year, I managed to do the following:
1) Replace the engine with a 390 HP 351W.
2) Rebuild heads completely.
3) Install new carb, battery, aluminum radiator, alternator, fuel pump, starter, valve covers, air cleaner, water pump, and fan.
4) Replaced old FMX tranny with a new C4.
5) Installed headers and full Flowmaster exhaust.
6) Installed new drive shaft.
7) Rebuilt brakes on all four corners, including power brake booster.
8) Rebuilt power steering system.
9) Replaced all four shocks/struts.
10) replaced old steel wheels for set of 15x8 Magnum 500 wheels with new tires.
11) Replaced headliner, windshield, sound deadening, and installed newly recovered seats and package tray.
12) Replaced all weather seals.
13) Put dash back together with new trim, bezels, etc.
14) Replaced old black out bumpers for shinny chrome bumpers.
15) Installed new chrome trim (including gas cap, taillight bezels, hold trim, and Mustang badges).

Now all that is left for me to do is:
1) Get all electrics hooked up.
2) install seat belts.
3) Do color sanding to buff out paint.
So she is coming along.

#23 ·
Well, if we are asking what have done literally today on my Mustang, then nothing. However, in the last year, I managed to do the following:
1) Replace the engine with a 390 HP 351W.
2) Rebuild heads completely.
3) Install new carb, battery, aluminum radiator, alternator, fuel pump, starter, valve covers, air cleaner, water pump, and fan.
4) Replaced old FMX tranny with a new C4.
5) Installed headers and full Flowmaster exhaust.
6) Installed new drive shaft.
7) Rebuilt brakes on all four corners, including power brake booster.
8) Rebuilt power steering system.
9) Replaced all four shocks/struts.
10) replaced old steel wheels for set of 15x8 Magnum 500 wheels with new tires.
11) Replaced headliner, windshield, sound deadening, and installed newly recovered seats and package tray.
12) Replaced all weather seals.
13) Put dash back together with new trim, bezels, etc.
14) Replaced old black out bumpers for shinny chrome bumpers.
15) Installed new chrome trim (including gas cap, taillight bezels, hold trim, and Mustang badges).

Now all that is left for me to do is:
1) Get all electrics hooked up.
2) install seat belts.
3) Do color sanding to buff out paint.
So she is coming along.
What, no pictures Eric? Come on! :)

#28 · (Edited)
New shoes

Hi guys, well although I have done nothing with my Mustang today (or even in last 9 months), I did do something to my Fairlane today. I put new shoes on her today. Here are a couple before and after views.

Attachments

#29 ·
Local car show

Yesterday I brought my pony to my first show ever, a classic car show held in a small town NE of the island. There were classics from all years 20/30s 50s, 60s and some closer years.
Did find another 200ci Mustang in the show, as well as a Dodge like American cars. All others were Euro made cars. Some pics attached.

Attachments

#30 ·
Sorry to post again, but for some reason I can only send 1 pic at a time (?)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.