Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Beechkid
  • 2 Post By Grimbrand
  • 2 Post By tilmoore69

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Summit intake manifolds.

Does anyone have any experience with the summit intake manifolds? I'm going to change my 2bbl to 4bbl.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2018
BOSS Member

I suspect they are Chinese made like most of their other no-name brand products. An intake IMHO, is not the one to mess with especially on your engine where it plays a critical part in engine performance, etc.

Charles Reeves and Grimbrand like this.

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Grimbrand
I've heard that a lot of these have bad core shift, and on some, the mating surfaces aren't even flat, so no matter what you do, they won't mate with your heads properly. Probably just luck of the draw as to whether you get a good one.

There are a lot of really good manifolds out there that wouldn't be a crap-shoot. Saving yourself $50 or $75 to get something that may not work at all, vs. spending the money for the 'real deal' and getting a Stealth or RPM? I know which way I'd go. If you want to save money, see if you can find one used.

Summit has lots of good products, and some are their own 'no name' things. Intakes though, I have not heard good things about.
Charles Reeves and stormsedge like this.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018
BOSS Member

also...an fyi...if your heads have been milled, you need most likely to have the intake manifold surfaced as well (depending on how much the heads have been milled) in order for the ports to line up correctly as far as the mating surfaces go......you current intake manifold should be checked for resurfacing and will indicate if you need to assess this for your new intake.

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechkid View Post
also...an fyi...if your heads have been milled, you need most likely to have the intake manifold surfaced as well (depending on how much the heads have been milled) in order for the ports to line up correctly as far as the mating surfaces go......you current intake manifold should be checked for resurfacing and will indicate if you need to assess this for your new intake.
Thanks for all the good info.

Beechkid and Grimbrand like this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Pretty stock engine. Would like to do some upgrade in future maybe headers, mild cam, gt40 heads. Car is a cruiser. Would you recommend performer or performer rpm.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2018
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Grimbrand
The performer's a mild upgrade from stock, and it's a fine intake - but the RPM is absolutely amazing. Given that you've got plans for future upgrades, I think the RPM would support you better, and it will be fine with what you have, too.

The Weiand Stealth is also an excellent choice, and for the same reason.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page