Ford Mustang Forum banner

66 Seat Platform Replacement

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Ivy66GT 
#1 ·
I'm in the process of restoring a 66 Mustang GT and after replacing the floors, I'm ready for the seat platforms. Dynacorn has individual seat platforms or a one piece platform that goes over the transmission hump. I don't see any advantage or disadvantage to using the one piece.

Does anyone have experience with these platforms?

#2 ·
I used the individual platforms that are the same as OEM. My preference is always to use what came from the factory because I like my restorations to be like a time machine, as if you just bought a brand new Mustang from a dealership in 1966 (or 65).
I also think if you are wanting to fit a console in (now or in the future) it will work better with the stock set up.

#3 ·
The individual platforms are correct for coupes and fastback. the one piece platform is part of the more rigid convertible structure. using the convertible or one pieces on the coupe will get the car a little stiffer but will lead to carpet and console fitment issues.

#6 ·
I posted the photo below to another thread today but I will add it here since it compliments the above photo of the seat platforms. I mentioned above that the under-carpet pad pictured there is a repro. The photo below shows what it was like originally; not much of any similarity except sort-of the same shape? To get a better carpet fit the original, brown pad is now underneath the whitish fiber ones shown in the first picture.

Both photos are of the same San Jose convertible; the rear end of the one piece seat platform should be recognizable at the bottom of the second photo.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.