Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ivy66GT
  • 1 Post By JustAnotherRuki

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
PONY Member

Steel line size

Hello gents,

At the beginning of the year i had my old transmission cooling lines replaced with new ones and my transmission shop charged me around 80 bucks. Somehow i feel they dropped the ball and damaged one of the lines when bending it. Today while i was under the car tightening one of the header's collector bolts i bent it to move it out of the way but it wasn't a forceful bend i went easy on it and thing cracked. when i drove the car out of the garage i was stunned at what i saw all over the floor. The new replacements are most likely PVF steel coated lines but i'm not sure of the size. Are these supposed to be 5/16" or 3/8"? i'll do the job myself this time.. thanks

J

1965 Mustang Resto-Modded with a classic charm
347 ci stroker 10:1 CR ( street warrior engine with a very mild custom ROLLER cam for torque) Weiand Stealth intake ported to AFR 185 cc ,CompCams GOLD 1.6 Roller rockers ,Wiseco ProSreet Forged Pistons,Manton custom pushrods, Hedman ceramic shorties
AOD stage 1( good up to 450 HP)
Rear End 3.80 gears, Monkey Grip Trac Lock posi unit
Tires 15" all around 225's in the back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
GT Member

The ones on my "66 (same color and top as yours) are .325" OD. Don't know what the ID is.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member

Mine aren't quite 0.325 but close. That probably says they were meant to be 5/16 OD? A ready-made set is only $45 at VCM. Never having bought a set I can't say how authentically original they might be.
imps likes this.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
PONY Member

Garage
How much of a gambler are you? Since the shop apparently made up your previous set, buying an OEM set is probably your best bet. They may have to have a slight modification in bends but these are usually made to match the original ones, or at least as close as possible. Of course, this isn't gospel if there has been any modifications/repairs (new radiator, etc.).
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
PONY Member

Thanks gents! I did a quick patch up job to stop the fluid from coming out. I had to refill the 2 quarts i lost the line is in fact 5/16th. I ordered a roll of 25' on Ebay for less than 20 bucks and since i'll be using the same fittings, all i have to do now is bend and double flare both ends.

J
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190822_140448.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	657.8 KB
ID:	611173  
imps likes this.

1965 Mustang Resto-Modded with a classic charm
347 ci stroker 10:1 CR ( street warrior engine with a very mild custom ROLLER cam for torque) Weiand Stealth intake ported to AFR 185 cc ,CompCams GOLD 1.6 Roller rockers ,Wiseco ProSreet Forged Pistons,Manton custom pushrods, Hedman ceramic shorties
AOD stage 1( good up to 450 HP)
Rear End 3.80 gears, Monkey Grip Trac Lock posi unit
Tires 15" all around 225's in the back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page