Ford Mustang Forum banner

65 heater switch

5K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Till82 
#1 ·
So my 3 speed heater switch and heater motor are not plugged into resistor and wired to who know where.So I bought a new switch thinking I would just start over.The new switch is about a foot long.Am I missing something here?My understanding is it plugs into the resistor directly and one wire from the motor too
.thanks Smitty

#2 ·
Not saying it's not possible but I don't recall '65s coming with a 3 speed heater motor (they came on the Comet, Falcon, etc.). My '66 is only a 2 speed: off (not a speed), low and high. My switch plugs into one end of the harness while the other end plugs into the resistor unit. My blower motor has 2 wires: one for low speed and one for high speed. The

#4 ·
After playing with the blower switch and it is a 2 speed. So now I need to figure out why no wires to resistor? 2 wires from motor goes threw firewall and will see what the heck it's going too.All I know is its doesn't blow now, but I did test it directly to battery and blows well.

#9 ·
I went through everything. So blower motor 2 wire works off battery, wires too blower are good.2 speed switch when plugged in and turned on shows power to all 3 wires,fuse good.car has no wires to resistor. And lastly too get power too blower wires car must be running, but power to switch just need key turned on.if all else fails can I somehow rewire blower to switch? Thanks Smitty

#10 ·
Had a similar situation. Found out that car came with two speed blower, but someone changed the entire heater box with a three speed one with a resistor and two wire motor. I wired one wire from the switch to the motor and the other motor wire directly to ground. I have a one speed blower until I change the motor...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.