Ford Mustang Forum banner

Aftermarket temp sensor

845 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Tony 64 
#1 ·
Hi,New member,first post.Not sure if this has been asked before.I have 66 with 289 automatic was original,6 banger.On my intake temperature sensor is where the heater hose should be and vice versa with heater hose connection.will it affect flow through heater core.Car doesn’t overheat at all.Just want to be sure things are alright.

#5 ·
I'd have to see a picture of what you're talking about to really understand, I think. The main thing is, both should be up front, where the water is coming out of the engine and going to the radiator, because that's where it's hottest. If things aren't set up that way, then either the heater won't heat well, or the sensor will always read colder than the engine really is.

Happy motoring! =)

#7 ·
I think he means a temperature sending unit.

#10 ·
If you want it to be original the two should be swapped around.
The way it is set up now means that the heater hose doesn't get the hottest water to the heater which is where the thermostat is. The temp would be reading a smidge hotter as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.