Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Grimbrand
  • 1 Post By Grimbrand
  • 2 Post By Bill M

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020 Thread Starter
Rookie

Electrical issues

Let me ask the experts can’t figure it out.Hey guys I had broken cam on turn signal switch replaced with new one today.So all my lights work except drivers rear directional.I have brake lights and works with flasher.Just no left side rear directional.Forgot to mention led bulbs in rear.all other lights working properly.Thanks Bill

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Grimbrand
Bill, without seeing it in operation, it is a little hard to guess. Typically, with an LED conversion, the blinker unit in the dash doesn't work right because the bi-metallic strip needs a certain amount of current flow in order to get hot and kick on and off. Since all your other lights seem to be working normally, it doesn't sound like that's your problem. I would have to say there's got to be something wrong with the wire, socket, or bulb on that corner.

Is it 'permanently off' or 'permanently on' when you use the turn signals? If it's "off" then I would check brake operation too, and definitely make sure the bulb is the right one, socket is clean, etc. If it's "ON" then you have a somewhat more exotic wiring problem I'd say.

Beechkid likes this.

I smile a lot. It makes people wonder what I'm up to...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020 Thread Starter
Rookie

Hi Grimbrand thanks for replying.I have running light brake and flasher, but no turn signal front flashes but no rear.I have led bulbs in stock sockets in rear.I change my signal switch today because it had broken canceling cam.I may try stock bulbs and see if there’s a difference.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Grimbrand
Bill, one common problem for these is corrosion in the sockets. Double check to make sure the bulb you put in is fully engaged, and in the socket properly. Maybe swap the one on the Driver's side with the Passenger side, to see if it's an issue with the bulb. That would at least eliminate one thing!
ONEZ ST likes this.

I smile a lot. It makes people wonder what I'm up to...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

Follow up.I figured out that turn signal switch has too many green wires.Had wrong green wire in tail light connection plug.Green and orange did the trick.
ONEZ ST and Grimbrand like this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Sounds like you got it fixed.

----------------------------
2012 Mustang GT, Roush 2300 Black
2006 Mustang V6 Manual Legend Lime Sold
2019 Charger Scat Pack White
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 060 GBNF
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 059 Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page