Ford Mustang Forum banner

Electrical issues

617 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ONEZ ST 
#1 ·
Let me ask the experts can’t figure it out.Hey guys I had broken cam on turn signal switch replaced with new one today.So all my lights work except drivers rear directional.I have brake lights and works with flasher.Just no left side rear directional.Forgot to mention led bulbs in rear.all other lights working properly.Thanks Bill

#2 ·
Bill, without seeing it in operation, it is a little hard to guess. Typically, with an LED conversion, the blinker unit in the dash doesn't work right because the bi-metallic strip needs a certain amount of current flow in order to get hot and kick on and off. Since all your other lights seem to be working normally, it doesn't sound like that's your problem. I would have to say there's got to be something wrong with the wire, socket, or bulb on that corner.

Is it 'permanently off' or 'permanently on' when you use the turn signals? If it's "off" then I would check brake operation too, and definitely make sure the bulb is the right one, socket is clean, etc. If it's "ON" then you have a somewhat more exotic wiring problem I'd say.

#3 ·
Hi Grimbrand thanks for replying.I have running light brake and flasher, but no turn signal front flashes but no rear.I have led bulbs in stock sockets in rear.I change my signal switch today because it had broken canceling cam.I may try stock bulbs and see if there’s a difference.

#4 ·
Bill, one common problem for these is corrosion in the sockets. Double check to make sure the bulb you put in is fully engaged, and in the socket properly. Maybe swap the one on the Driver's side with the Passenger side, to see if it's an issue with the bulb. That would at least eliminate one thing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.