Ball joint missing parts - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Ball joint missing parts

Twice I ordered a Moog upper ball joint through Advance Auto Parts and twice the thing showed up missing parts. The first time the box was obviously opened and was missing the bag with nuts, bolts, etc. The second time it looked like it had been opened before and was missing the metal flange. Don't know if you guys have had this experience with Advance Auto Parts but I thought I would share.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2016
BOSS Member
Classic Member

For generic type parts, just go to your local auto parts store, they should carry Moog, and if they do not have the part they can probably get it. Good Luck.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2016
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbohann View Post
Twice I ordered a Moog upper ball joint through Advance Auto Parts and twice the thing showed up missing parts. The first time the box was obviously opened and was missing the bag with nuts, bolts, etc. The second time it looked like it had been opened before and was missing the metal flange. Don't know if you guys have had this experience with Advance Auto Parts but I thought I would share.
You should open the box in front of the counterman so he sees there are missing parts.

I may not be a GT350 Member but I am a GT 350 owner , stay thirsty my friends

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2016
Apprentice

I order online to take advantage of a 20% off special from autozone and sometimes an extra 15% so 35% is pretty good.
Some of the parts I've received are somewhat "handled".
They are probably returned items but still complete anyway.
FedEx and UPS doesnt respect items even if the are boxed.
I have received packaged items that looked like they were pushed across a parking lot with a Caterpillar.
CJ pony made it right when parts were lost out of the ripped and torn corners of the boxed items no questions asked.
I just had to email the pictures of the mishandled shipping box.
On the other hand autozone really didn't want to accept returned items that were originally purchased online so I have a small collection of duplicate and second thought items.
I'll just save them for the next project.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Yeah I always fo that when buying in-store. I ordered the ball joint online from Advance.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016
SHELBY GT 350 Member

I got my bj's from oriley's. They didn't have any Moog's on hand but they ordered a set and they had them the next day. I paid full price but I was able to open the box in front of them before I bought them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page