Ford Mustang HID Conversion Kits! $150, includes everything you need! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
You are correct, but all aftermarket bulbs are rebased "S" type bulbs. There are no rebased "R" type bulbs produced as it does not really make a difference when installing in a non-HID reflector.
The Bixenons work by angling the existing HID light. Essentially, the bulb is simply aimed to focus higher on the road rather than lower. You would not get double the light or anything like that as the same HID bulb is used for high beam and low beam, similar to OEM Bi-Xenon setups with a flap to adjust the beam direction.
Thanks,
Paul
Doesn't sound like the bulb for me as, right now, I, with OEMs H13 and H4 bulbs (2 cars) am able to hold high 'on' with my finger and still have low beam (not fully engaging 'Hi' exclusively). Of course, by doing this I am ignoring all of the heat being produced (55W + 60Watts) burning within the bulbs. The bulbs themselves seem to be able to handle all that heat for a duration (10-15 seconds at-a-time) but not all bases, being plastic, will survive it. I know... It's a work-around to get the light that I feel I want and need (should have!) with having the older Western lighting technology on these, fairly new, (2006/2003) US cars.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-03-2013 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Shoot me a PM if you need anymore information. I have our 6000K kit for my 2007 Mustang GT and it functions the same as stock halogen style bulbs. I have the HID low-beams with the Halogen High option.

Here is a link to the kit on my car right now:
2005-2012 Ford Mustang Hi/Lo Beam HID Conversion Kit - Mustang - Ford - HID & LED by Vehicle - Replacement Lighting

-Nick C.

Also, the added customer photo is my car

HID and LED Lighting For Your Mustang
Visit diodedynamics.com To See Products!
(314) 205-3033
Apprentice

pretty cool stuff!

PONY Member
5.0L Member

I have a 2012 California special. What kit would I use for the fog lights?

2011 Black Mustang GT California Special
Mods: Stock
2007 Vapor Silver Metallic Mustang GT (Sold)
Mods: CAI, Tune, LCAs
1988 red GT AOD. (Sold)
Mods: H/C/I
post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-19-2013 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88redGT View Post
I have a 2012 California special. What kit would I use for the fog lights?
The fog lights for the GT/CS use an H11 bulb, I have several options here: Mustang - Ford - HID & LED by Vehicle - Replacement Lighting

The LEDs are going to be primarily for the cosmetic appearance, whereas an HID conversion will give you better light output than the factory halogen bulbs and look really really good!

PM me if you have more questions

Nick C.

(314) 205-3033
BOSS Member

Question- are your bulbs DOT approved?

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #22 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechkid View Post
Question- are your bulbs DOT approved?
Our bulbs are not DOT approved. However, we have been selling HID and LEDs for over 8 years and haven't had any issues.

Nick C.

(314) 205-3033
Apprentice

My friend, you really need to provide photos of those beams projected onto a wall so we can all see what we are buying here! ..And that is what the DOT addresses too BTW. Thank you.
Phoneguy
post #24 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

We already had this discussion 6 months ago, please read your posts and our replies above. Thank you for your continued concern.

Paul

(314) 205-3033
Apprentice

Is there a forum discount?

2012 Performance White GT--401A, 6MT, 3.73's, Shaker1000, brembo package, eibach pro-kit springs, jlt carbon fiber cai w/ bama tune, roush ab's exhaust
post #26 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveShow View Post
Is there a forum discount?
Please send us a PM for the free-shipping code!

Thanks,
Nick C.

(314) 205-3033

Last edited by Diode Dynamics; 10-12-2015 at 01:54 PM.
Apprentice

If i get the fog lights and the headlights will I still retain the individual function of the fog lights and headlights?--meaning i can turn on the fog lights without having to turn on the headlights and vice versa

2012 Performance White GT--401A, 6MT, 3.73's, Shaker1000, brembo package, eibach pro-kit springs, jlt carbon fiber cai w/ bama tune, roush ab's exhaust
post #28 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-28-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveShow View Post
If i get the fog lights and the headlights will I still retain the individual function of the fog lights and headlights?--meaning i can turn on the fog lights without having to turn on the headlights and vice versa
Yes,

Everything will function the same as your current setup. You can still control the fog lights and headlights independently and such.

It's essentially replacing the bulbs with an HID bulb adding an HID ballast to power the bulbs. Everything connects with the factory components and you won't have to cut wires or splice anything

Nick C.

(314) 205-3033
Apprentice

Nick (or Paul?): Have gone back thru my posts looking for follow-ups. I seem to recall one of you fellas wrote and told me you owned an S197 Mustang some time ago and that you would show real projections of your product(s) shone onto a wall, using this car and those OEM reflector housings. Can't say as I ever got to see those exact projections. NOTE: I see nice mustangs but never the view out from the cockpit onto a wall with all these bulbs you fellas want to sell. Can you do this (or refer me to the page showing). Appreciated. Thanks
post #30 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneguy View Post
Nick (or Paul?): Have gone back thru my posts looking for follow-ups. I seem to recall one of you fellas wrote and told me you owned an S197 Mustang some time ago and that you would show real projections of your product(s) shone onto a wall, using this car and those OEM reflector housings. Can't say as I ever got to see those exact projections. NOTE: I see nice mustangs but never the view out from the cockpit onto a wall with all these bulbs you fellas want to sell. Can you do this (or refer me to the page showing). Appreciated. Thanks
We are going to have more pictures available when we move into our new facility in March / April. Plus the weather is awful right now here in STL.

I plan on having our photographer take pictures with each HID color to show the light output.

Nick C.

(314) 205-3033
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
hid color , hid conversion , hid healdights , hid kit , hid kit sale , hid lights , hid mod , kits , mustang hids , quality hids

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page