Ford Mustang Fog Light LED Bulbs! Plug & Play Install! See Pics! USA Made SLF! - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Arrow Ford Mustang Fog Light LED Bulbs! Plug & Play Install! See Pics! USA Made SLF!

Mustang Fog Light LED Bulbs

Diode Dynamics carries LED bulbs for replacement of your Ford Mustang's fog lights in all major sizes. They are available in HP, XP, and SLF models. This will make your Mustang's fog lights a nice bright white, to match OEM-equipped HIDs! Just simple plug and play, replace the bulb and you are good to go!

Diode Dynamics offers the brightest, highest-quality bulbs on the market. These LED bulbs are designed by our engineering team here in St. Louis, and every bulb carries with it a three-year limited warranty.

We also offer several bulb models:
  • HP48: Slightly lower brightness than OEM bulbs, but still provides the crisp white, modern color of LEDs.
  • XP80: Considerably brighter than OEM. Will provide usable light output
  • SLF: Brightest Option! Street Legal Output! Will provide more usable light output than stock! USA Made!

These bulbs are made up of a quality plastic connector to slide right into the plug, as well as high durability terminals. A load resistor is embedded to prevent blowing the LEDs from voltage surge, and a diode is implanted to protect the LEDs from reverse polarity. The LED is wired for 12V operation, the kind found on all vehicles.

Included in your order is TWO BULBS (to fit your Ford Mustang).

Diode Dynamics' products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited warranty.

Diode Dynamics: Fog Light LEDs for 1994-2004 Ford Mustang

Diode Dynamics: Fog Light LEDs for 2002-2012 Ford Mustang GT

Diode Dynamics: Fog Light LEDs for 2003-2004 Ford SVT Cobra

Diode Dynamics: Fog Light LEDs for 2007-2014 Ford Shelby GT500

***We have bulbs for GT500/Roush/Steeda/Saleen/California Special/Pony Package Fog Lights!!***

Any questions, feel free to ask via email ([email protected]), Post or shoot us a PM!

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks,
Nick C.

HID and LED Lighting For Your Mustang
Visit diodedynamics.com To See Products!
(314) 205-3033

Last edited by Diode Dynamics; 01-15-2018 at 06:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-02-2013 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneguy View Post
Can you project onto a wall for us to see pattern and 'how bright' please?
I will get a picture of demonstrating the light output up here shortly. Using my own 2007 GT as an example

If you are looking for more output than factory, I'd recommend our HID fog light kit. It's the brightest option for your fog lights and the installation is simple and straightforward.

-Nick C.

(314) 205-3033
post #3 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013
Rookie

Garage
WOW This is exactly what I wanted. I also see you do trunk and interior lights...Looks like great prices too. Christmas list here I come! is there a picture of the front of a 2013 with the replacement LED white fog lamps in?

Racing is the best way to convert your money into noise!!

2013 V6 Ford Mustang Premium in Race Red
Mustang Club of America Pacakge
Performance package with 19" rims wrapped with Pirelli tires
Sync Package, Comfort Package, Appearance Package
Navigation with Sirius Radio, Reverse assist, Pony Projection lamps, Black leather interior, Heated seats and mirrors

post #4 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyNRed View Post
WOW This is exactly what I wanted. I also see you do trunk and interior lights...Looks like great prices too. Christmas list here I come! is there a picture of the front of a 2013 with the replacement LED white fog lamps in?
We have a 2013 that we will be posting more pictures of in the coming weeks. The updated pictures from my 2007 will be up by shortly.

The LED fogs are such a huge improvement over the ugly factory halogen bulbs...really a big change for such a fair price

-Nick C.

(314) 205-3033
post #5 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013
Apprentice

More light output promise re low beam lights

Yes but, on low beams (properly aimed)... will the guy coming towards me be cursing me for using an HID or LED setup in a reflector-type housing? I see lots of offensive aftermarket installs out there on the road these days (and nights)! Want to see projections on a wall first... How about it? I expect all of that light to be down on the road, and below the oncoming guys radiator height. Thanks

Er, umm... Sorry fellas. This response to an 'e' I received was for another lighting type. That said, I still wanna see light projections demo'ed on walls for any of these products before I buy into them.

Last edited by phoneguy; 09-22-2013 at 06:08 PM. Reason: tried cancelling for wrong lighting venue/type
post #6 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

The 55 watt kits that other lighting companies sell are typically the culprits for the crazy cheap-looking scattered light that upsets other drivers.

Our 35 watt kits provide increased output over the factory halogen lighting, without being a jerk to others on the road

Thanks,
Nick C.

(314) 205-3033

Last edited by Diode Dynamics; 09-23-2013 at 02:46 PM.
post #7 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013
Apprentice
S197 Member

you decide

I installed Oracle halos on my headlights. Great white color and very bright. I wanted to complement the look with white LED bulbs on my lower fog lights. I use this as a daytime run lights. I use the upper fogs for true fog conditions.

I installed Diode Dynamics 2X bulbs for factory brightness. I think they are very dim.

2011 GT 5.0 Premium 401a, MT82, Glass roof, Brembo, Comfort, 3.55, accessory trim 5 (scoups, flat panel, Pedistal spoiler)
mods: CS front valance with fogs & Roush harness, Roush side splitters, LMP sport hood, RTR rear valance, MRT hood struts, invisible bra, Corsa Extreme & X pipe, anniversary staggered wheels, Steeda shifter, Oracle LED halos, Ultra Silverstar.
post #8 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Your halos are not the same as fog light bulbs. First, they are much brighter in total output since it's such a big ring. This is total light output. They also appear brighter because you are looking directly at the source of light. A projector housing is going to focus the light, so the projector itself will not appear to be bright... this holds true for regular projector headlights, just look at some cars on the road.

We do not recommend using LED fog bulbs if you are trying to achieve an increase in brightness, as stated in the product description. If you're looking for brightness, I'd recommend an HID kit.

It seems quite unfair to compare a large ring of forward-facing LEDs to a compact bulb in a projector housing. Let me know if you'd like to exchange the bulbs for an HID kit as it sounds like you're interested in maximum brightness.

Thanks,
Paul

(314) 205-3033
post #9 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013
Apprentice
S197 Member

brightness

I am pleased with the white color and that they complement the halos. As I stated that their only function are day run lights as I have for lights dedicated for fog conditions. I thought they would be as bright as the factory ( as stated 2X = factory ) but I wish to report that they are not.

2011 GT 5.0 Premium 401a, MT82, Glass roof, Brembo, Comfort, 3.55, accessory trim 5 (scoups, flat panel, Pedistal spoiler)
mods: CS front valance with fogs & Roush harness, Roush side splitters, LMP sport hood, RTR rear valance, MRT hood struts, invisible bra, Corsa Extreme & X pipe, anniversary staggered wheels, Steeda shifter, Oracle LED halos, Ultra Silverstar.
Apprentice
S197 Member

Why take fog lights and make them functionally useless on 10-12 mustangs. there are plenty of uses for leds but fog lights is not one of them.

post #11 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Our XML2 produces significantly more usable output than the factory halogen bulbs, (1,420 lumens / measured).

Thanks,
Paul

(314) 205-3033

Last edited by Diode Dynamics; 10-12-2015 at 04:43 PM.
Apprentice

Obviously a battle on-going between those who want to 'look good' and those who want to 'see well'. It'll be a good day when the two are unified. I'm on the 'see well' side... Have been and always will be. Never stop trying.
Phoneguy -06 GT 'vert.
Apprentice

FS: Fog Light LED

You asked that I PM you... Translation needed for 'PM' please... Don't know that one.
post #14 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
You asked that I PM you... Translation needed for 'PM' please... Don't know that one.
PM = Private Message

Feel free to call also: (314) 205-3033

Thanks!
Nick C.

(314) 205-3033
post #15 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Obviously a battle on-going between those who want to 'look good' and those who want to 'see well'. It'll be a good day when the two are unified. I'm on the 'see well' side... Have been and always will be. Never stop trying.
Phoneguy -06 GT 'vert.
We have Stage 3 LEDs that provide usable light output and HIDs will also provide you with more output than stock.

Our Stage 1 and 2 LEDs are intended for cosmetic appearance though, as mentioned before

Nick C.

(314) 205-3033
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page