2002 GT Running lights flickering Head lights ok - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

2002 GT Running lights flickering Head lights ok

Well I am having the same problem in July 2014 and to add to this, When I turn the head lights on they dont flash, only the running lights.

Noticed this right after I had a little rain fall on the interior. I left the top down and ta daaaa Darn!!!

We had three solid weeks without rain then bang got a little sprinkle

I had a problem before the rain with the after market stereo the front speakers had stopped working but I am pretty sure the two are not related. However, thought of the ground not being good enough so cleaned up the posts on the battery etc.

Didnt work, looking at the possibility of the switch but the headlights are fine. It is the running lights and I am not sure if the circuit even goes trough the switch.

Yeah so Im in Canada eh and we have a short summer to burn the rubber on the stang......

Any idea's???? What is happening???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSW Captain View Post
Well I am having the same problem in July 2014 and to add to this, When I turn the head lights on they dont flash, only the running lights.

Noticed this right after I had a little rain fall on the interior. I left the top down and ta daaaa Darn!!!

We had three solid weeks without rain then bang got a little sprinkle

I had a problem before the rain with the after market stereo the front speakers had stopped working but I am pretty sure the two are not related. However, thought of the ground not being good enough so cleaned up the posts on the battery etc.

Didnt work, looking at the possibility of the switch but the headlights are fine. It is the running lights and I am not sure if the circuit even goes trough the switch.

Yeah so Im in Canada eh and we have a short summer to burn the rubber on the stang......

Any idea's???? What is happening???
Give us a call and we can help you troubleshoot over the phone: (314) 205-3033

Have you checked all of your fuses yet?

Nick C.

HID and LED Lighting For Your Mustang
Visit diodedynamics.com To See Products!
(314) 205-3033
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

ok when they detailed the car they bumped the amp in the trunk. I guess the switch for high or low ..... so it only played the low.......fixed

Now I am looking at the DRL module or something. Thank you Diode Dynamics I will give you a call

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2014
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSW Captain View Post
ok when they detailed the car they bumped the amp in the trunk. I guess the switch for high or low ..... so it only played the low.......fixed

Now I am looking at the DRL module or something. Thank you Diode Dynamics I will give you a call
We are happy to help: (314) 205-3033

Or send an email to: [email protected]

Thanks!
Nick C.

HID and LED Lighting For Your Mustang
Visit diodedynamics.com To See Products!
(314) 205-3033
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

thank you DD I managed to get the mechanic kid next door to give me a moment.

the DRL is on the left side close to the front, I had to lay on the ground and stick my head under. found it mounted to the side and had a plug and a few wires coming from it.

I decided to disable it so that I can find the part at my leisure

So we removed the fuse under the steering because he says the bigger ones under the hood has more chance of controlling more than one thing.

He used the owners manual to find the fuses in the fuse box. However the relays and their locations were not in the book.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2002 , convertable , flickering , running lights

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page