I can't seem to find a gear ratio calculator that fits my needs online, please help. - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By stang93mustang
  • 1 Post By GabLeGrand
  • 1 Post By stang93mustang

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
I'm looking for 3.73 diff, 61 mph 2nd gear (maybe?), last gear (4, 5, or 6th) top speed theoretically 306 mph, one of the gears cruise at around 80 at 1800-2000 rpm. With that info, what ratios for all gears?

Also, what HP and TQ would I really need to produce that top speed? I know the Veyron had a little over 1000 hp when it 1st hit over 260...

2002 V6 Oxford White (Traded in for $5300 off the 2014)
2014 GT Ruby Red, planned 1st mod, MGW Shifter.
Biggest Pet peeve, People stealing the parking spot I'm waiting for.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018
MACH I Member

this is the calculator I use. Of course there will always be variables but this one is pretty accurate.

http://www.wallaceracing.com/Calculators.htm

Draghon likes this.

93' LX hatch, 460 w/150 plate, TH400, 9" w/ 3.60 spool. Best (so far!) of [email protected] 146 mph with 1.40 spinning 60' on steel heads
Reese,
Been saying single digit coming for 3 years.....guess I finally made it!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018
PONY Member

When I saw the 306 mph requirement I thought it sounded a bit odd. But then I converted to km/hr that we use in Canada. When I realized it's only 490 km/hr it didn't sound so outrageous after all.

You forgot to mention what gas mileage you were hoping for while cruising at 1800 rpm and 80 mph. Surely gas mileage will be an important consideration here. More info required.

Good luck with this project. I hope to see a youtube one day. Just not 'that' kind of mustang video. You know the ones.....

All the best.

2014 Gray Mustang

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019
Rookie

Garage
I use the calculator on the link but what kind of mods do you have? You don't need a lots of hp/torque at the engine to go fast, only the right gear ratio and tire diameter. Potential Speed Calculator

Not close at all to be an engineer but lets say you have 28in diameter tire and rev limiter of 7000RPM

1 ---- 3.8ratio, [email protected]
2 ---- 2.56ratio, [email protected]
3 ---- 1.42ratio, [email protected]
4 ---- 0.98ratio, [email protected]
5 ---- 0.71ratio, [email protected]
6 ---- 0.50ratio, [email protected] and [email protected]

Have fun on your custom trans build!
Draghon likes this.

2014 Mustang 3.7L, bbk Long tube Headers, bbk catless x-pipe, no muffler, bbk 73mm throttle body, 4.10 rear gear, spec stage 3 clutch, spec aluminium flywheel, viking double adjustable rear shocks, bmr lower and upper control arms with relocation brackets, airaid cai, jlt oil catch can, sct x4 tuner, zex nitrous 100hp shot wet kit, n2mb wot box, mgw shifter, stock GT rear springs and eibach sportline front springs, gutted interior, 29.5/10.5/15 m/t ET drag
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019
MACH I Member

one of the best calculators. Please remember that there will be a variance with all calculators but this one is fairly accurate.

http://www.wallaceracing.com/Calculators.htm
Draghon likes this.

93' LX hatch, 460 w/150 plate, TH400, 9" w/ 3.60 spool. Best (so far!) of [email protected] 146 mph with 1.40 spinning 60' on steel heads
Reese,
Been saying single digit coming for 3 years.....guess I finally made it!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019
PONY Member

Garage
A JATO rocket bolted to the roof will get you to the 300+ mph.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page